weighted flowers ; langst

As I stand there, alone, staring off at the vast plain below this cliff, I wonder if any of the other paladins are thinking of me.

Without my armor, being only in this durable, black under suit, I am vulnerable to anything that could happen to me as I fall.

I turn around, looking at Blue with a sympathetic expression. She seems to be upset, and.. I can't stop now.

"Blue, promise me you'll treat the other paladins just as you did me.. I'll be leaving, but it's not your fault.. It's not their fault.. it's all mine.." I leaned my forehead
against my lion before slowly stepping back to the cliff.

I glance down at the rocks and the rough terrain awaiting me. I felt my breath catch in my throat as I gulped, my mind racing with a million thoughts.. most of them being about Voltron and Keith.

No, I'm not turning back now. I can't. Not at this point.. I got as close to the edge as I could without the rock breaking. A breathy whine escaped my mouth as I swayed back and forth.

I dropped my book behind me, the one filled with letters to my friends, family, and to myself.. When they find my lion, they'll find the book.. then they'll find me.

I whispered a small prayer to myself. "Pidge, I hope you're able to find it in yourself to be able to act when you want. You have a lot of potential, I believe in you wholeheartedly. Hunk, I wish you the best in finding a new, special recipe that will keep the others on the edge of their seats. Shiro, I really hope you learn how to live and just.. relax. You need to learn that there's more to life than worrying. Keith.. Oh, my baby, Keith.. I love you so much. You helped keep me going but I'd never be able to admit that to your face. You were always there for me, usually being my shoulder to cry on.. You gave me motivation, but since you joined the Blade.. I haven't been able to even convince myself to leave my bed. I am genuinely sorry.."

I did it. I swayed forward, the wind attempting to catch my body, but I wasn't light enough. I was carrying so much weight in my soul, heart, and mind.

My body felt like it had exploded into a million flowers, all of them falling behind me as I grew closer to the ground.

Then, I hit. The flowers of the released pain fell beside my body, on top of me and all around my last moments. The impact hadn't killed me, but I'm about to go.

I reached for the metaphorical flower, twirling the lily in my hand before I felt my life drain from my body and float away.