homesick ; part three

//a nice ending to a half-assed request :)//
//btw to resolve the keith thing, he was talking about another austin and they're dating now//

Allura had Leo in a healing pod, but everyone was unsteady. Was he okay? No. He'd been there a few weeks, and surprisingly, Keith was calm. He wasn't tense like usual. He trusted Allura and Coran, and even if they fail, he wouldn't blame them.

Lance had grown to be more quiet, not daring to tell Keith big news. He was in the main room, looking around and smiling as he remembers the time Allura helped assign them to their lions.

Lance set the hologram to the Milky Way Galaxy, staring at Earth lovingly. He reaches out to hold it, but it fades between his fingers. Tears start to flood his cheeks as he zooms in on his home planet. "Mom.. Dad.. Caleb.." Lance choked on a sob, covering his mouth before slamming his hands down on the dashboard.

"Fuck, man.." Lance ran a hand through his hair. He heard the door opening, jumping and rushing to close the hologram.

"Hey, babe.." Keith smiled weakly at Lance, walking over to notice how upset he was. Gasping, he pulls his boyfriend into a hug. "Hey, Lance.." He runs a hand through his brown hair for comfort. "What's wrong babygirl?"

Keith ran his hands down to Lance's waist. Lance bit his lip, leaning into Keith's touch. "Keith, I'm not ready for this.." "Ready for what?" Keith asked, wondering if he meant something about Leo. "Keith, with Leo in the pod.. You're going to be a father, again.." Lance turned his head down, not ready to face the response.

All Keith did was smile and hug him, tears threatening to fall down his cheeks.

Keith had been missing for a few weeks on a mission. Lance hadn't done so good as how upset he was, but Keith helped him through the mission. They had just learned Leo wouldn't make it, even in the healing pod. They also found out the Lance had a miscarriage. Lance? He was breaking. He was quiet. He stopped being so lively. Nobody even bothered to talk to him anymore. Keith, the only person he had left, disappeared off the radar during the end of the mission.

Lance was in Keith's room, laying motionless on the bed. He had on Keith's sweater with a blanket wrapped around him. He was burning up, but he didn't really care for his own self at the moment. The air itself was cold and tense. Lance felt like he couldn't breathe. He didn't care. He was alright with feeling like this. He already felt like he was suffocating.

Why not make himself suffocate?

Keith had returned from the mission, beat with bruises and cuts, but he wasn't in a rush to see the healing pods. He was in a rush to see Lance. "Shiro, where is he?" Keith was worried, knowing Lance would most likely be with the group. Shiro told him that he was in Keith's room. Keith didn't mind how much pain he was in, hurrying for his room.

Upon arrival, he gulped before opening the door. Once he opened it, he wished he didn't. He looked in horror as he saw Lance, hanging lifelessly from the ceiling.