End of the world (fluff)

"How is it that you seem so fine through all of this?" Keith asks. Lance thought about it for a second, "I know the world is ending, but trust me, I can handle it." Keith stared at the boy in shock. "How can you possibly HANDLE it?" He questions in disbelief. Lance stared up at the sky with a melancholic look, "This ain't my first rodeo with the coming apocalypse. It's all routine at this point." Keith was even more confused than before. Not his first rodeo? He thought to himself. "H-how could you have dealt with this before?" Keith silently hopes he'll actually get an answer. Lance just looks down at him and smiles, "Full of questions today aren't we?" He laughs.

        He gets a distant look in his eyes. Keith still waits for his question to be answered. "Well, see these 'tattoos'?" He fingers quotes and points to the blue tattoos on his face, "they aren't actually tattoos, I was born with them. You see this?" He slides his hand pushing his hair back revealing white roots, "that's my natural hair color. I have both the hair color and the markings because I'm from a planet called Altea. My father was King Alfor and my sister was Princess Allura. Our planet was attacked by the Galra and was destroyed. My father sent me here but I don't know where he sent Allura. I miss them." A tear rolled down his face but he quickly wiped it away.

      Keith suddenly felt bad he knew what it was like to not have parents and to be alone. "Lance, are you okay?" Keith reached out to touch Lance's face. He leaned into the boys hand. "I'm fine. It's just you don't deserve to die." He smiled at Keith. The shorter boy threw his arms around Lance and buried his face into the crook of his neck. "I love you, Lance." His words were muffled but Lance knew exactly what he said. He hugged Keith back and held him close, "I love you, too." They stayed like that for a while. When they finally pulled away Lance took Keith's face in his hands and pressed their lips together.

Keith tangled his hands into Lance's soft hair. The two boys desperately pulled each other closer. There was no distance between them but it still felt to both of them that they weren't close enough. Lance ran his hands up the back of Keith's shirt his cold hands resting on his bare back. This sent a shiver up Keith's spine. They finally broke away for air their faces remained very close. "I just need you with me today since there might not be a tomorrow." Lance mumbled. "I need you, too." Keith reconnected the kiss. They sat down on the bed and broke the kiss once again. "I wanna know more about Altea." Keith remarked slightly surprising Lance. Keith laid back onto the bed and Lance flopped down next to him.

      "Well, my father was the king of Altea and my mother was the Queen. My mother died not to long after I was born so it was just my father raising me along with Coran. Coran was basically the royal babysitter. I remember me and Allura always played pranks on him." Lance was crying again. This time Keith wiped it away. "Did you not bring anything from Altea?" He asked. Lance shook his head, "the only thing from Altea is the outfit I was wearing and I don't know what happened to that. Although now that I think of it there is one thing I know though. When my dad sent me here he also sent the blue lion here with me but I was never able to find it." Keith's expression fell, "Blue Lion?" Lance looked at Keith worriedly and nodded his head. All of the sudden the entire shack started shaking. "What was that?" Lance asked clearly scared, "oh no, are the galra already here?" Panic spread across his features.

      "I don't think so that sounded like a crash not a trained ship of elite galra soldiers." Keith reassured the panicked boy. Lance calmed down a little. Keith grabbed his jacket and began putting it on, "let's go check it out." Lance reluctantly followed Keith out the door. They both got onto the hover bike that Keith had. The scene before them was nothing less than terrifying to Lance. "That's a galra pod!!" He shouted on the verge of a panic attack. Keith put his hand on the Alteans cheek, "calm down, Lance, it looks like someone was trying to escape from the galra." Lance took a deep breath and they snuck onto the ship and were greeted by a whole bunch of people in hazmat suits. Keith took all of them on and ended up knocking all of them out.

       "Shiro?!?" Keith exclaimed as he saw who exactly was in the pod. The two boys both helped Shiro out of the pod only to be met with Pidge and Hunk. "What are you two doing here?" Lance questioned them. "What're you doing here?!?" Pidge basically yelled. Keith rolled his eyes, "lets catch up later, right now we have to help Shiro." They all shut up and made their way to the hover bike. "Is this thing gonna be big enough for all of us?" Pidge asked. "No." Keith groaned out. The people from the garrison noticed them and began to pursue them. "Is there any way this thing can go faster?" Lance asked. "The only way for that to happen is if we threw some people off." Keith replied. "Oh." Lance mumbled. Keith gave him and apologetic look. A cliff was coming up.

        "No no no no!!!" Pidge Hunk and Lance yelled in unison. Keith only replied, "yup." Lance latched onto Keith. They drove all the way back to the shack where Keith and Lance were before the crash. "Lance about that Blue Lion, I think I could help you find it." Keith pulled the sheet off of the wall and revealed a board covered in stuff about the blue lion. "What have you been working on?" Shiro asked in disbelief. " I can't explain it, really. After getting booted from the Garrison, I was kind a lost and found myself drawn out to this place. It's like something... some energy, was telling me a search." Keith replied. "For what?" Shiro questioned. "Well, I really didn't know at the time... until I stumbled across this area. It's an outcropping of giant boulders with caves covered in these ancient markings. Each tells a slightly different story about a blue lion." Keith finished. Lance stepped forward, "wow, Keith, you found all of this?" Keith nodded.

       Lance threw his arms around Keith. "With the blue lion we could save Earth!!" Lance smiled widely. "Let's get going then." Shiro said. They all nodded and went on their way to search for the Blue Lion.

      When they made it to the caves they all walked inside. "These are the Lion carvings." Keith pointed to all of the things carved into the cave wall. Lance touched them and they all began glowing blue. "They've never done that before." Keith stated. The floor broke under them and they all fell down. "Whoa, there she is." Lance said pointing to the lion. "Is this it? Is this the Voltron?" Pidge asked. Lance shook his head, "No, Blue is only one of five lions and those five lions form Voltron." All except Keith gave Lance a baffled look. "How do you know this, Lance?" Shiro asked. "Because I'm from the same planet as this lion. In fact, my father built it. He built them all." He answered. They gave him skeptical looks. "Looks like there's a force field around it." Keith put his hands to the barrier, "I wonder how we get through this." Lance made his way to the barrier.

        "I'm not sure." He rested his hand on the force field and it disappeared. An image of Voltron flashed and showed it standing in all of its glory. "Voltron is a robot. Voltron is a huge, huge, awesome robot!" Hunk exclaimed. Pidge marveled at the tech, "And this thing is only one part of it! I wonder where the rest of them are." The lion bent down to let Lance in. He walked in hesitantly and sat down in the pilots seat. The rest of the group got on and stood behind Lance. The lion purred deeply and Lance heard what it was saying loud and clear. "Did you guys hear that?" He asked. Keith looked at him confusedly, "hear what?" Lance squinted at the controls and whispered, "she's talking to me." Keith put his hand on Lance's shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly. Lance relaxed at his touch. He gulped and pressed the controls and the lion took off.

       "Oh no, she says there's a galra ship headed towards earth." Lance trembled. "It's okay, Lance, just listen to your lion." Keith soothed. Lance nodded and listened for the lion to say something. "I think I know what to do." He smiled and did what the lion said, attacking the galra ship twice. "Good job, Lance." Shiro said. He looked up and he saw Keith smiling down at him. "Let's lead this ship away from earth." Lance turned the lion and led the Galra ship into farther and farther away from earth. A wormhole opened up. "Uhm this May sound crazy but my lion wants us to go in there." Lance glanced at his friends. "What should I do?" He asked. "Let's decide as a team." Shiro responded. Lance looked around and they all nodded and Keith entwined his fingers with Lance's. Lance led his lion into the wormhole, "I love you, Keith." Keith looked down and whispered, "I love you, too." And they disappeared into the wormhole.

A long chapter cause you deserve it. Also this is dedicated to ItIsJustME1231 because they're the one who gave me this prompt.