homesick ; part one

Sitting against the wall, Lance felt adrenaline rush through his veins. He felt cold and hot, his face red with tear-tracks.

He was alone in the dark room, trying to hold his head up high. He broke down, even so. Lance felt so.. so lost.. up in space. Alone. Away from his family and all those who he loved dearly.

Lance didn't know if and when he'd be able to see them again. He didn't even know what year it was. All he knew was that he had nobody out in space.

He tried to contain his loud sobs, but his tears still feel onto the cool tile.

A knock on the door startled him. He was there alone, in the dark room, with nothing blue lights. He let out a cracked "yes?", but was met with no response. The door opened and the person walked in, their boots clicking on the floor.

"Lance, babe, are you in here?" Keith asked, more concerned than annoyed, which was rare to his character.

"Lance?" He called out once more before approaching the Cuban. Lance quickly shoved his head into his arms, trying to hide the fact that he's been crying.

"Babe, Leo's been crying for you.. But Hunk got him to calm down while I came to look for you," Keith chewed his bottom lip gently. "Babe? Are you crying?" Keith pushed Lance's arms away from his head, pushing him up by the chin.

Keith gasped, telling Hunk over the "chat" that he'd need to get Leo to sleep somehow.

Lance didn't react, letting out a pathetic sob. "I mi-miss--" He hiccuped, "Earth.."

Keith advanced his hand towards Lance's as he scooted next to him. "Hey, Lance.. You're alright, yeah? The reason you're up here is to keep your family safe. They need you here so that you can see them again.. When they're safe.." Keith didn't know how to comfort him; he wasn't so experienced when it came to these situations, but he knew that Lance needed some help.

It honestly broke Keith to his lover like so, but he had to put some effort into cheering him up. Lance leaned into Keith, bawling. He was usually so confident and locked up, but there he was, spilling his tears into his hands.

Keith gripped his hand, kissing his neck tenderly. "Hey.. Lance, you're alright, yeah? I'm here, aren't I? Leo's here.. When you're out in space, you are certain that your family is safe, and that you're fighting for the greater good of things," Keith was almost going to give up until Lance let out a choked phrase of agreement.

Keith grinned, holding onto Lance like this was their last day alive. Lance suddenly tensed up. "What's wrong, babygirl?" Keith questioned, stroking his hair.

It took a moment for Lance to calm down, but even so, he was emotional as hell. "Leo.. You.. I've been complaining about not seeing my family.. But we have one.. here.." He let out a sad laugh.

Keith grinned from ear to ear. "Leo wants you.. He's been crying, yeah?"
The boy stood up, grabbing Lance's hand to pull him up.

"Yeah."

As Lance stood up, he decided to pull down his sleeves before they reached the light outside. Keith leads him to the door, and once it opens, the two are almost blinded by the lights. They grew so accustomed to the darkness, they didn't know what light felt like.

Lance took a few shaky steps forward, getting used to the feeling of walking after hours of sitting and sulking. Keith took in a deep breath of Lance after putting his arm around his waist.

The two approached Hunk, him having Leo sleeping peacefully in his arms. Leo was only three, but a fast learner for such an age.

He woke up at hearing Keith's boots on the tile. "Daddy?" He called out, shaking some dark hair from his face. His eyes were that beautiful shade of purple Keith had, as he inherited Lance's caramel skin. He had a mixture of the two's faces. He had Lance's eye shape, but Keith's nose. He had a jawline like Lance's but cheekbones like the other.

Leo was only possible due to a potion Lance explicitly requested Pidge and Coran to work on together to give Lance the ability to bare a child.

Keith squeezed Lance's hand, but Lance moved to take Leo from Hunk. Hunk nodded at us before returning to his dorm. Leo laid his head on Lance's shoulder, smiling at Keith. "Daddy.." He mumbled.

"Yes, baby?" Lance rubbed his back faintly as Keith just smiled at the two. "I love you.." Lance's eyes widened. He'd say that to Keith countless times, but never to him without him asking.

Lance then becomes a bit more relaxed, smiling as he pets his hair now. "I love you too, Leo,"

Lance had a family in space. One he swore to protect. Even if it cost him his life.