He went to talk to Soumya. "I'm so glad that you came to the mansion today for the function, Soumya." said Rudy.

"I'm glad too. I wouldn't have witnessed this moment otherwise, and I'm so glad to see Annika Didi happy." said Soumya, smiling.

"So am I. I'm so glad bhaiyaa put Annika bhaabhi's insecurities to rest, and gave her the right she deserved." Rudy said, feeling distinct pride at his elder brother.

"Yes, he did." said Soumya, but somehow her smile didn't reach her eyes this time. 

"What happened Soumya?" asked Rudy

"Nothing." said Soumya too quickly, to be convincing. 

"C'mon tell me. I will be uneasy otherwise." said Rudy. Secretly, he thought maybe Soumya got reminded of their own accidental, drunken wedding, and how last time the issue came up, he had raged at Soumya.

"Rudy, honestly, I don't know. I don't want to hurt your feelings, and it will sound bad." said Soumya cautiously. 

"Now you have to tell me, please?" pleaded Rudy, convinced that Soumya was referring to their drunken wedding, and upset about it.

"Look Rudy, don't get mad at me okay? I'm very happy for Annika di, that she is getting the respect she deserves. But really, if Daksh and to an extent Kamini aunty had not pulled their cards, and forced Bade bhaiyaa's hand, would he have still continued to not accept Annika di as his wife after like almost three and a half months of their marriage? I know they got married in strange circumstances, but it should not have taken Annika Di being almost humiliated in public, for Bade bhaiyaa to acknowledge her. All this...drama today could have been avoided, if only Bade bhaiyaa had accepted Annika di as his wife, from the beginning itself. I know I have no right to comment on their marriage but since you asked, this is what I felt." Soumya finished quickly.

Rudy did not like what Soumya said, in fact, he hated what she said. He was not used to hearing criticism about his brother. But on the other hand, the memories of Shivaay bhaiyaa forcing Annika bhaabhi to marry him, were still fresh in his mind. He wanted to scold Soumya, but a tiny part of his brain, whispered to him, that probably she was right. So, he just exhaled and said. "Soumya, you said it today, but please, I request you, don't criticize Shivaay bhaiyaa in front of me. I know its my fault today, I  pressurized you to answer, so I'm sorry for that." 

Soumya realized that its better not to prolong the situation. So, excused herself and left the mansion quietly. 

**************************************

Gauri was eager to talk to her mother after so many days. They had just finished and delivered the Nasik order today, and Majmudaarji gave them all an early overtime Holi bonus for finishing that order before time. 

"Maa, kaisi ho tum? Aap apna khayal rakh rahi ho na? Ghar pe koi pareshaani toh nahi hai na? (Maa, how are you? You are taking care of yourself right? There is no problem at home, I hope?) ...." and Gauri continued talking to her mother at length about her new job, her bonus, Dandi bhaiyaa and his group of friends, their ridiculous play, walking and eating on the marine drive, meeting Jahnvi, Jahnvi's new business and how Jahnvi encouraged her to join night schooling, and how she was planning to start soon. 

Gauri's mother chuckled over her daughter's childish enthusiasm for everything. At length, she got exhausted and excused herself, to hand over the phone to Richa, who was anxious to talk to Gauri.

"Gauri, how are you? Is Mumbai treating you fine?" asked Richa

"It is good here Richa, thanks for taking care of my mother, but why do you sound so worried?" asked Gauri

"I couldn't say in front of mausiji (mother's aunt, an informal term often used for aunty in North India), but today when she went to the temple for her weekly visit, Kali Thakur's goons came to our house. Luckily she wasn't there, so they believed our story that you were not here. Nobody in the neighborhood has seen you for weeks, so they swallowed the bait that you went to Delhi. That was a smart plan you laid out, Gauri. But I'm worried, because Kali Thakur's brothers are still in prison, and he is angry, Gauri, very angry. He wants to find you at any cost. So just be careful, be very careful." saying so, Richa ended the call.

Gauri felt a cold dread spreading through her veins. Her cell phone nearly slipped from her fingers. She collapsed on her bed, and noticed that her hand was shaking. It was lucky that Dandi bhaiyaa was not at home, at the moment, otherwise he would have witnessed her going to pieces again. 

Kali Thakur. That name, that shadow, refused to let her live in peace. Even in an alien city, his darkness reached out to scare her in her sleep, and now he was haunting her when she was awake as well. Gauri just prayed that he would give up on searching for her, but somewhere in the corner of her heart, she knew that she was hoping for a near miracle. 

P.S. The mms clip and Omkara lured to the cottage scenes are the 13th Jan to 18th Jan 2017 episodes.