열아홉

Wendy

I arrived at work early and I was looking around for Hoseok ssi, his manager told me that he is already here and he is loitering somewhere before the shooting starts for the day. I have something to give to him, I felt bad for him and I want him to feel better.

Him begging the CEO for a role is so undeserving of him, he shouldn't have done that for him. He should've just told the CEO to get rid of me and he can stay on, he needs to have the job, I can just go back to writing books but he can't. This is the last chance for him to make it big.

A voice called out for me and I looked up, it was the leader, I think that he is called NamJoon or RM. "Wendy ssi, are you looking for Hobi??"

He must have come to accompany his fellow team member, he must have a lot of free time to be doing that. "Yes, do you know where has he gone to??" I lifted up the bag up. "I have something to give to him before the shoot begins."

"He is in the waiting room with Seokjin hyung." He informed me and I gave him thanks before going to the waiting room where Hoseok ssi is assigned to, he would be in the waiting room while he waits for the set to be ready for shooting.

I knocked on the door and I waited for someone to answer before I opened the door, Hoseok was drinking his coffee while Seokjin ssi was looking at the script with utmost seriousness. It is as if he was supposed to direct the drama instead of the real director. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen the director yet and he is the type to arrive at work earlier than anyone else. Where is the director??

"Good Morning, Wendy!!" Hoseok greeted with much enthusiasm that he has always shown and I felt a little relieved, I'm glad that he is feeling better than yesterday. "Why are you here anyway??"

I stepped forward a little and I took out the bag, giving it to him. "This, I have to give you this."

He received and he placed it on the table, taking out its contents. It was a lunchbox. "What is this??"

My cheeks started to heat up. "Isn't it obvious?? It is a simple lunch that I have cooked for you, it might not taste that great as I am not a good cook." I didn't look in his direction as I might get even more flustered, his smile is preventing me from looking straight at his face.

"Then I'll eat it, even if it is not nice." He placed it on his table. "But why only me?? What about Seokjin ssi?? He also--" He was interrupted by Seokjin ssi who cleared his throat and we looked at him. "Hyung, what was that??"

"Sorry for being rude but I need to concentrate on the script right now, this scene is really important and I have been trying to think of the right feeling to go with this scene." I raised an eyebrow and Hoseok came closer, he whispered something in my ear. "He needs to think about the right emotions for the story."

"But why??" I whispered back to him. "He isn't the director and it is not his job to do that."

"He quit, the director decided to quit just this morning and we are short of a director."

"And so I'm the next and best director for my debut drama. Can you imagine that me, the worldwide handsome guy is going to direct a drama??" He started to praise himself and I almost had a heart attack. Was he always like this??

He seems very normal during the first few times that I have seen before, even till yesterday, he spoke like how a normal man in his mid-20s would be and he isn't that self-loving as he is now. Is this what you call a self-loving person who expresses his love for himself way too much??

"I'm so happy that I will be spending time together with Hobi in this production and of course myself directing this drama with my handsome and heavenly visuals that you won't get it anywhere else. And of course getting to know you more as a person, Wendy ssi. Don't you like it??"

Will I get hit in the head if I don't agree with him?? "I like it. I thought that you were suited to be the director."

"I wasn't until I decide to be one. Great right??"

A knock on the door made all of us turned towards it and waited for the door to open, Namjoon ssi was behind it and we walked into the room after greeting me with his dimples again. How could someone have such dimples like this??

He went to Seokjin ssi and dragged him away. "The rest of the crew wants you to be on set, which means you as well, Wendy ssi. It is about one of the casts."

"Right." I waved a quick goodbye to Hobi and the three of us walked to the set where there is a bunch of people crowding over someone, it was one of the extras needed for this scene where 3 girls are supposed to harass the female lead. She was sitting on a chair, her right ankle was bandaged.

"May I know what is the situation right here??" Seokjin ssi calmly after assessing the situation. That cool side of him is back...

"You see, we need 3 girls for this scene right?? They were supposed to be harassing the female lead physically, she is the leader of the girls but she got injured the day before and couldn't film the scene as a result. It would also be very weird if she appears in the scene in a wheelchair while commanding the other two." One of the producers explained the situation and turned towards me. "There will be a continuity error right, Wendy ssi??"

I nodded and she turned back to the director. "So what should we do?? We don't have much time till shoot starts and we are shorthanded, there aren't enough extras on set today."

He went silent for a few seconds before he started talking again. "One of our crew would be the leader. It would be just for one scene and no one would probably remember them ever again." He turned towards the other crew. "So which female crew member would want to do it?? It would be a great opportunity to appear on camera for once."

No one raised up their hands, they were all looking around and waiting for the right person to put her hands up. It was obvious that crew members hated being on camera, they liked being behind the camera because it makes them feel more comfortable.

Jung SooJung came in front of the director and raised my right hand up. "I suggest Wendy ssi to be the leader."

"Wendy??" Seokjin ssi asked and she nodded. Just go back and sit on your chair...

"Yes, Wendy and I took some dramas classes back in college. She is one of the best students and her acting skills are excellent, even the lectures praised her for being so good."

"Is that so??" He asked me and I slowly nodded.

"Yes, I was a film student and so I know a bit about acting." But I don't want to act with her... "But I'm still not very confident in front of the camera, I feel quite uncomfortable."

"So you can act for this tiny scene and I promise that there will not be anything like this happening in this production ever again." He told me. "You can do it right??"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, it would be just be appearing on national TV for only 3 minutes." And I can bash Jung SooJung up without the need to apologize for it...