Chapter 1

This story will be written in Aelin's perspective, I might change it for an occasional chapter, but mostly it is Aelin's.

Waves of emotions sweep through me like a huricane. Glueing my feet to the ground, my body to the chair. Pain is the only thing I feel, the only emotion I know. Will it ever stop?

No.

It will never stop. It will continue to flood through me until the day I die, becuase he is gone. Dead, buried underneath the ground next to a field of lifeless grass. All because I didn't reach him in time. 

Time does not run out, time is constant and can never run out. It is us who runs out of time. When our bodies deteriorate time will still be there, when the universe is nothing but dust all that will remain is time, and that is why it is all my fault. I ran out of time.

I can hear their voices echoing through the hallways as they whisper. I know what they are talking about, I don't even have to hear them to know they are talking about me. That I haven't eaten in four days, that I haven't moved from this chair from the day I got back, that I haven't slept in 3 days. They can't do anything to stop the pain, so why fight it?

The door opened and I heard footsteps as the person walked towards where I sat. Unusual, they haven't been in this room since the day I got here, why now? The person walked in front of me, I didn't even lift my head to see who it was, once they speak I will know.

"Aelin," Chaol's gentle voice rings into my ears. I don't look up,"please, Aelin." I can't' put the strength and energy into speaking.

"Talk to me Aelin," Chaol pleads for me, put all I hear is muffled noises. 

"Fight it,. Gods damn it Aelin, fight it!" He yells at me.

"Why fight, when the battles over?" My voice is cracked and unrecognizable.

"The battle may be over, but the war with yourself still rages. Have hope Aelin, and win it." I stay quiet.

"You are a coward!" I feel my soul bury itself deeper into the void, "your kingdom needs you, and you sit here drowning in your on self-pity!" His voice is angry, and hurt. He hits a nerve on my bones but I can't seem to feel it.

"I know," I whisper softly, "I know."

"Than why sit here, like a coward," he says the word again.

"What kind of role model am I like this? My kingdom is better off without me."

"Fine, if you don't want to fight it, don't," he gave up too easily, "but I will, because I can't stand to see you like this. And he would not of liked me to just watch you waste away." Hurt, is the only thing I feel as his words stab me like a blade.

"We have decided that you are leaving Erilea, we are going to a place called America, were you will experience the life of a normal teenage girl. You will leave all this behind you and start a new life. Once you have finished mourning, we will return." I don't object, I may as well do it, what else do I have to lose? 

Chaol goes to leave the room. Before closing the door he opens his mouth,"Nehemia was wrong... your spirt can be broken." He slams the door behind him, leaving me to suffocate in my own thoughts

Is it good?
Idk, I just know there is little stories with this fandom so I thought I would create one.

Chapter qoute, " Time does not run out, time is constant and can never run out. It is us who runs out of time. When our bodies deteriorate time will still be there, when the universe is nothing but dust all that will remain is time, and that is why it is all my fault. I ran out of time."