43: Walker Kills

I lead them into the passage of where Brian hid Penny, Carl grabs his knife and stabs the blade through the bag, into her skull, causing Penny's lifeless body to fall to the floor.

Rick turns on a flashlight, and the illuminating glow lights up the passage.

"Come on." I whisper.

"How do you know where this leads?" Sophia asks, she was wearing the Arctic Monkey T-Shirt I gave her a while ago, and it made me grin a little.

"I don't." I said uncomfortably, realising I could be putting them into more danger than I anticipated.

We followed the passage as we entered deeper, occasionally killing a few walkers, but it was no trouble.

Until we ventured in further, the moans and groans of walkers got louder, and the flashlight shone onto their lifeless bodies.

"Shit." I whimpered, jolting back in fear.

"I only have one gun." I said, the walkers approaching us quicker.

"You shoot." Rick says.

I was confused, why me?

"But.."

"I trust you. Go."

I clench the gun, and wrap my finger around the trigger slowly pressing.

One. Two. Three.

With each shot walkers fell to the ground, blood splatters against the stone walls.

"Yes!" Glenn says, I always loved the fact Glenn became so excited over the littlest things, like a kid in a candy shop.

I cleared the walkers infront of us, but groaning was still audible.

"Lauren!" Daryl shouts, as a herd approached us from the back.

I threw the gun to Daryl who caught it, and started firing at the oncoming walkers.

Before we knew it, with no casualties, but with no ammo, we came to the end of the passage.

"It's the arena." Daryl says.

"Arena?" I questioned.

"Where walkers fight humans.."

"Come on, let's get out of here." I say, grasping my knife tightly.

I open the old, metal, rusted gate, causing a great squeak to fill the atmosphere.

"Come on." I say, as everyone leaves the passage and I shut the gate.

We walk through the arena, the atmosphere tense and rough as the walls of Woodbury came closer.

"We jump the gates." I say.

All of a sudden, a loud rev of an engine stops us in our tracks, as we turn around, a large 4 by 4 jeep emerges, us caught in the headlights.

"Shit." Rick says.

"3..2..Just run!" I say.

We all ran desperately towards the wall, hoping to jump it, and escape into the woods.

The jeep came ever closer, as the tires screeched against the dust.

The wall was there.

I jumped up, pushing my arms against the top, pulling myself over, quickly followed by Carl, Sophia, Daryl, Glenn and Maggie.

Carol, Judith, and Rick quickly emerged as we ran deep into the woods.

We ran for what felt like miles, until Woodbury was no longer in sight.

"We camp..here..for the night.." Rick says, catching his breath

We all agreed.

"What are we going to do?" I ask.

"Stay here? Rick just said it!" Glenn jokes.

"No. About me."

Long Way Home (A Carl Grimes Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara