35: Run Away With Me

"Let's run away together." I say to carl, wiping away my hysterical tears, and my breathing became regular not like before, and my hands eventually stopped trembling.

"You love me right? So let's go. What's here for us? By the looks of it all, not a lot. Please Carl." I say, my voice ranging from high to low pitch, I tug at Carls arm, but he doesn't budge.

"You do love me right?" I say, his glistening blue eyes meeting mine, but his hands losen around mine as he Backs away.

"Of course. But not this Lauren." he says, backing away a sense of fear in his eyes.

"No. Carl I can't do this without you."

"I'm sorry." He says, backing away, rejoining the rest of the children.

"Carl. Sophia. Luke. Mika...I'm still here. This is still me. The Lauren who joined the group almost 1 year ago. The girl who..who saved you Sophia. Your best friend. Please." I say, crying, as I feel my knees becoming weak, i panic, and fall to the floor, my breaths becoming weak and frantic.

I cough and sputter as I try to catch my breath, but it was no good, my breathing becoming panicked, as I feel my chest tighten, like a knot in a rope, as I grab my arm.

The others rush to my body on the ground, I panic an feel my body becoming weak.

"Run away with me, Carl. Run away with me." I say, feeling my eyes slowly flutter shut.

"Lauren. Lauren!"

They were the last two words I heard, until it all went black.

• • •

Hey Guys!
Sorry for such a short chapter, but my mind was literally blank👽

Comment/Vote/Share if you're enjoying the story🔱

Only a few chapters left...

-Lauren