22: Carl Grimes, Nice To Meet You

A few weeks passed after the campfire, and a sense of normality filled the atmosphere.

But me and Carl had still gotten nowhere, confidence and courage weren't my strong points, so I haven't spoken up about what I think Carl thinks about me.

"Carl." I say, walking into his cell.

"Lauren?" he asks.

"Can we talk?" I say, and he nods, patting the mattress on his bed, signalling for me to sit, so I do.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Us."

I said the word, and he's eyes glistened like the moon, and a smile formed on his face.

"There's an 'us'?" He says, still smiling.

"If you want there to be an us." I say, I can feel the blood rushing to my cheeks, as I blush.

"Do you want there to be an us?" He asks.

"Only if you do."

"Us. I like the sound of that." Carl says, fiddling with his fingers.

After a few moments of silence, not an awkward silence, a nice silence is how I would Describe it, Carl spoke up.

"Is there an us then?" He asks, only looking up for a second to meet my eyes, but then darting back to his hands.

"Close your eyes." I say.

"Why?"

"Just do it." I say, giggling, as his bright blue eyes, close, just as I asked.

I approach Carl, and sit on his lap, running my hands through his hair.

He giggles faintly, and his eyes open.

"Nu uh. Eyes shut." I say.

He closes his eyes again.

I close my eyes, and lock my lips with his. Smiles forming across both our faces. He giggles into the kiss, as I do too, and he licks my bottom lip, where as I bite his. In the midst of a full make out session, we hear footsteps, but think nothing of it.

Until a glass smashes, and our lips instantly part, and there stands Lori, jaw to the floor.

"Umm." She says.

But Carl smashes his lips back into mine, our lips still synced, he leans over and shuts the curtain, signalling for Lori to leave.

And she does. Her footsteps echo as she walks through the cell block, and as me and Carl part from the kiss, Our eyes meet.

"Did that answer your question?" I ask, giggling, our eyes still glued to each other.

"I think it did." He says.

"Carl Grimes, How nice to meet you." I say, in a phony British accent.

"The pleasure is all mine." He says, tapping my nose.

"Don't you know it." I say.

Long Way Home (A Carl Grimes Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara