18: 2 Halves, All Whole

"Lauren." Carl says, and I scream, running into his arms.

It wasn't a scream of fear, but of relief. We had finally found a piece of our missing group, which could lead us to the others.

"Mum! Shane! Hershel! Glenn! Everyone!" Sophia says, waking everyone up.

After months of thinking the worst of the other group, they were dead, walkers, walking amongst the street as the reanimated creatures we bump into everyday, but one of them days, Carl's face, or Ricks could have been on a walkers body.

"I can't believe your alive." I say, my hand placed on Carl's cheek, his hand running through my hair.

I could feel my eyes becoming glossy and teary, but I blink away the tears.

"This is fate, you know that right." he says, and I nod, burrowing my head deep in his shoulder, his head placed to mine.

"Carl. Where's the rest of the group?" Shane demands, the leader instinct pouring out of him.

"A prison." Carl answers, and I feel my heart drop.

It was silent, all you could hear was our heavy yet gentle breathing.

"Our prison." Carl says, as I release from his grip.

"This way." Carl says, jumping down.

The night was dark, the stars glisten down to the ground, as our feet tread along the dusty trail.

"That watch tower. We saw it yesterday." Shane says.

"That's part of the prison." Carl explains, leading a up to the main gate of the prison.

We were no longer two halves of a group, lost and separated, we were now one whole, stronger, and braver than ever.