17: The Outside World Holds The Key

Carls POV;

I walk out of the prison gates, not the front, that's too obvious, they'd see me. But the back, a way Daryl showed me when he went out hunting.

There were less walkers, and it was quiet. I could fully get my mind straight, focus on the most important things.

As I get further into the woods, I notice a treehouse deep in the trees, and it reminded me of my childhood. But, inside wasn't quiet, I could hear mild murmuring, muttering, there were People inside.

I approach the ladder, it was worn out, but well-used, and I place my hand onto the ladder and placed my foot on the step, lifting my self further and further up. The murmuring got louder, and the voices became familiar, some unfamiliar.

"Hey! Sophia!" A young girl shouts, giggling afterwards.

Sophia. Lauren. They were here.

I frantically rush up the ladder and open the small door to the treehouse. To find the remainders of my group, sitting there. As if I was drawn to them by luck.

"Lauren." I say.

Lauren's POV;

Me and Sophia sit round in the circle, inside the treehouse, the only ones awake. It was silent, peaceful, and for once in a while I could focus clearly on what was running through my mind.

"Truth or Dare?" Sophia asks me, out of the blue, trying to make conversation with me.

"Truth."

"First kiss?" She asks.

"13. With a boy named Cole." I say, and that was the truth. But I didn't want to kiss him, I was forced. I remember, being pushed to the wall, his lips pushing against mine. It was forceful and I scream and squirmed, but he didn't care. I remember his hand, running up my skirt, trailing along my thigh. I pushed it away but it didn't stop him.

"Lauren?" Sophia asks, her voice soft and gentle.

"What!" I shout.

"I'm so sorry." I say, realising I screamed in her face for something that was mostly my fault for zoning out.

"It's okay." She says.

"Truth or dare?" I ask, trying to listen the mood.

"Truth." She says.

"How far have you gone with a boyfriend?" I ask her.

But she didn't answer.

"Hey, Sophia! You dirty stopout!" I say, giggling.

But she still showed no emotion, and then she spoke.

"I've not had a boyfriend." She says. "Dad was too protective."

"Oh. As soon as we find a hot survivor, I'm hooking him up with you, yeah?" I say giggling, and she nods, smiling.

It was quiet, just our laughing filled the air, although, every once in a while id hear deep breathing, but I presumed it was Shane snoring.

The odd twig would snap, and the leaves would rustle, but I just guessed a walker was stumbling past, until the treehouse door opened..

"Lauren." The boy says.

"Carl!" I scream, running into his arms.