24: I See A Bad Moon Rising

Mika and Carl both shared their favourite childhood moments, favourite movies, their parents, home lives.

But me and Sophia kept quiet, because our lives were the shittest of then all.

"In here men." A deep voice booms, as they try and unlock the door.

"Quick, in the bedroom." I say, as we all frantically rush into the bedroom.

Mika and Lizzie hide in a wardrobe, Me and Carl under the bed, and Sophia in the basket of dirty washing.

Someone had to get that spot.

The door slams open, and the boom of footsteps sends the house shaking, as I feel my heart racing ever so quick.

Carl had his arm around me, but his hand placed tightly on my mouth, to stop me from making a sound.

"Martinez, check upstairs." The voice exclaims, as footsteps hit the stairs and enter the bedroom we were all in.

The man, wearing a baseball cap backwards and a tank top, stumbles over his own feet when entering the room, and falls into the washing basket, making Sophia squeal.

"No." Carl says.

Martinez, I presume is his name, trips over the basket, causing Sophia's cover to be exposed.

"Governor, looks like we've for a nosy one up 'ere." He says, taking Sophia by the arm, and dragging her down the stairs.

"No. No. No!" I scream, pushing Carl's hand away from me, as I run after Soohia.

"You stay there. Please. When they leave, get to the prison." I say, running down to the men and Sophia.

"Let her go!" I shout.

But grips tighten around my wrist, as I get dragged back.

I kick and fuss, but the grip gets tighter

"Feisty one eh?" The guy behind me says.

"You're coming with us." A man says, approaching us.

"I don't think so." I spit in his face.

"I see a bad moon a'rising." he says, laughing, but a familiar faces catches my eye.

"Merle?" I say.