40: We Unleashed A Monster

Carls POV;

The sound of everyone panicking and murmuring sent shivers down my spine, as I knew I was the reason Lauren was no longer here in our group. None of the others were afraid of her, but I was in a way, that I shouldn't have been.

"Dad. What can I do?" I ask.

"Carl. She was my best friend." Sophia interrupts my dad, but he took no notice.

"Shut up!" I snap, causing Sophia to flinch.

"What's your problem?" She spits.

"I don't have one."

"I'm sure you do. Because if you weren't such..such a.." Sophia stutters and trips over her words.

"Such a what?" I say, chuckling.

"Such a prick!" She screams at the top of her lungs.

"Sophia!" Carol shouts.

"What? She was my bestfriend, I trusted her with my life. When Brian found us, she sacrificed her own life to save my backside. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her." Sophia shouts, explaining her point across.

"We need to find her." Maggie says.

"She's a monster, we unleashed a monster." I explain, shocked at the fact I am the reason that she's walking around alone, and a danger to others.

"What can we do?" Glenn asks.

Lauren's POV;

I walked out of Brian's office, gently whistling a gentle lullaby of which my mother use to sing when I was little, before they started becoming alcoholics of course. And it reassured me that I wasn't always this bad a person.

As I walked to the square of Woodbury, I kept a close look out for Lewis. And I found him. He wore a light blue jumper, stained with mud, and I started to grip the knife in my side.

I didn't have a gun, just the throwing knife.

I approached him, my feet rythmatic as I tred along the pavement. Lewis smiled at me, but I pulled no facial gesture. I gripped the knife, as I emotionlessy walked to him, and pulled the knife, stabbing him deep in the chest. His limp body crashing to the ground, as he screams in agony.

I walk back into Brian's office, feeling no emotion.