5: Mr and Mrs Grimes

Carl lived in a small suburban town in West Georgia, the walk to his house seemed silent, and empty.

I feel empty.

We arrive at the large, oak door, and it was unlocked, and we stepped in.

The house had a homely feel, and a nice atmosphere. I felt safe.

In the kitchen stands Carls mum, and his Dad sits in the living room.

"Mum!" Carl says, running into his mums arms.

"You've never acted like that seeing me before." she says chuckling.

"Lori! Thank you for lunch." another man says, walking in a police uniform matching the one worn by the man in the living room.

"No Problem Shane." Lori says.

"Hey Little Man." Shane says, putting Carl in a head lock and rubbing his fist along Carls head hard.

"Get off. This is serious." Carl says.

"what, you bought your girlfriend home?" Shane says, making kissy faces to Lori.

"No! There are half dead monsters eating people outside! Stop!" Carl shouts, and is realised from Shanes grip.

"what? say that again Carl?" Rick walks in, and places his glass of water down.

"These things..are eating people..we're not safe here." Carl simply says.

"Pack your stuff now! We head up to the mountains, high above ground. We should be safe." Rick orders, frantically packing his own stuff.

"I'm Lauren." I say to Lori, she had long, thick, wavy brown hair, and she was beautiful. Her and Rick looked so happy together.

"Are you Carls..girl-?" Before she could finish her sentence, I cut her off.

"No, just good friends." I simply respond.

"Okay, we're going to have to leave now." Rick says, softly placing a sherif hat on his head.

"Come on, let's go." Shane says, carrying a bag of guns.

"Here you go lil lady." Shane says, handing me over a pistol, before we all leave for the mountains.

• • •

Short chapter; I know.

But I wanted to know if you like the story so far, comment below if you do.👇

Oh, and if any of you guys have Instagram, Follow me! @h0lyriggs comment your Instagram name and I'll check out your account, maybe even follow😉