39: A Different Person, I Am

We arrive back at Woodbury, and even though I was just shown the image of Shanes decaying body, as a walker, legs bitten to the bone, I wasn't scared. I was ready for whatever the Governor had to say to me.

Woodbury seemed a lot friendlier than when I last visited, there were shops, there were people, there were smiles unlike those I had seen in a long time. These people weren't afraid.

As we walk into the oak panelled door, I heard mild groaning, ones that sounded exactly like a walkers. I grab my pistol and point it at the door, prepared for anything to come barging out of the door.

Merles fingers gripped the door knob, and twisted it to the right, as the doors locks unlocked, and the door moved away from it's hinges, we walked in, and there sat the Governor. In one hand, a hairbrush, decorated with bright red roses and leaves, and in his grip was a young girl, but she wasn't really a girl, she was a walker.

And then it struck me, she was his daughter.

He shoves an old potato bag over her head, and shoves her into a dark room, slamming the door, almost muting the groans she projected.

"What is she doing here?" He spits at me, but I then noticed, an eyepatch he wore.

When I stabbed him in the eye with the vase.

"Let me talk."

"Go on." He says, pouring himself a glass of whiskey, poured over the ice cubes, as he takes a sip.

"I got kicked out. Actually, let me rephrase that. I didn't even get kicked out, I didn't do anything wrong. apparently, I'm a threat, a danger, an accusation of becoming a pyscopath. Not one of them tried to stop me from leaving they just let it happen, the bastards. Is Alexa still here?" I ask.

They shook their heads.

"Okay, anyway. I want revenge. A lot of it. I saw what you did to Shane, and I want that done to them. I want them to tremble in their boots with fear. I want them to fear me."

"How do I know you are not a part of them still?" He asks, crunching on an ice cube.

"Set me a challenge. A task. Believe me, I'm a different person, I am."

I finish before receiving an approving nod from the governor himself. "Kill Lewis D'Amico."

"Who?" I ask.

"A bloke who lives here, in Woodbury. Brown hair, glasses, nerdy kid, blue eyes too. Likes to wear shirts and smart trousers. I want him dead."

"Find me a picture and your wish is granted."

Milton pulls out the drawers, and flings out a small 4x4 picture of this 'Lewis' kid.

"I'll lead him into the cafè and kill him ther-"

"No. you kill him in the main square of Woodbury. You want people to fear you, this is how."

"Challenge accepted."