12: Seperated and Scared

We all progressed over the mudslide, as we peer over the edge, the military camp just a drop below us.

It was Me, Shane, Rick, Carl, Lori, Carol, Carl, Sophia, Dale, Daryl, Merle, Amy, Andrea and Glenn.

Ed stayed behind, but in all honestly, I wouldn't have noticed if he came.

"You ready?" Rick says, loading his gun, fully loaded with ammunition.

"Yes." I say.

"Yes."

"Yes."

The simple word 'yes' was repeated almost 15 times, within them few moments, our courage and our life's were almost at sacrifice. We had to do this, we needed somewhere safer to stay. We would keep survivors, but any military officer or soldier, how do I say this nicely? We're going to have their faces buried in the dirt, at the end of this.

"I guess were as ready as we'll ever be." Shane says, as we recover the plan once more, before progressing into the fight of our lives.

Half of us slide down the mudslide, and the others remain behind, protecting us, covering us. They were our eyes in the sky you could say.

We slide into the military camp, the mudslide was used as a wall, a defence. Not a very good one I must admit.

As soon as we entered, and our feet touched the rough rubble of the surface, our guns fired bullets at everyone in sight. For once, it felt like the world was on our side, as if fate and hope joined together, and with us, we were kicking some ass.

"This way!" I say to the group, leading them down a clear path, progressing deeper into the camp.

We shot down oncoming soldiers, but warned civilians to stay where they remained as we would help them later.

Grenades were thrown, explosions echoed throughout the camp, but the remainder of the group, were eliminating snipers who were planted throughout the camp.

But the odds weren't in our favour for much longer, a large group of soldiers, all heavily armed blocked the passage, causing us to halt.

Shit.

As I turn to face the group, who should still be behind that mudslide, weren't.

"Bang bang motherfuckers." I say, before grabbing a grenade and throwing it at the group.

I throw another at the barbed wire fence, which enclosed the camp from the forest surrounding us.

It opened the wire, creating a big enough gap for us to fit through, and so we escaped. No casualties, no deaths (from our group anyway) but we were separated from the others, with no clue on where they may be or their safety.

Me, Andrea, Glenn, Merle, Sophia, Shane and Carol had escaped. But the ware abouts of the rest of the group were unknown and I must admit, I'm scared. For the first time this whole thing had started, I'm shit scared.