2: The World is Turnt Upside Down

I wake up, surrounded by the cracked glass, liquor running across the floor, cigarette still stomped in the carpet.

I stand up, and begin to get changed into my school uniform, hiding my bruises from last night.

My legs had no bruises on them surprisingly, although my torso and arms were a state. I grab a long sleeved shirt, to cover my cuts and scratches.

I approach the mirror, and start to fiddle with my tie, my fingers were numb and shaky, making it hard to tie correctly.

I grab my brush and comb through my long hair, combing out the knots and mess. No makeup today, I think, as I wipe away the stained mascara from the previous night.

I grab my bag, my phone, and my shoes, and run down the stairs, to where my mum and dad stand, shouting.

"you wanted a kid!" my dad shouts boom in the empty room

"you're the one who forgot protection! You were so keen on getting it up!" my mum screams back, her high pitched voice shrieking.

"You could 'ave aborted it." he spits.

"I would never kill a child you suck bastard." she grits through her teeth.

"I'm a bastard, eh?" my dad shouts, and it sounds like a smash and my mothers scream sends chills down my spins.

I run out of the front door, slamming it behind me, frantically walking to school.

I arrived late, and it seemed as if I wasn't the only one. A young boy, in a plaid shirt was at his locker, his glossy, brown hair swifts above his eyes, and a sheriff badge stuck to his rucksack.

as I make my way to my Spanish class, he quickly spins round and bumps into me, our books spill to the ground.

"watch where you're going." he spits at me, his aurora Blue eyes meet mine.

wow, he's cute.

"oh. I-I'm sorry." I stutter and flinch as he goes to grab his book beside me.

"you flinched?" he spoke, concern in his voice.

"Yeah, Force of habit." I say, not realising I had given up my parents abusive ways to some stranger I barely knew.

"oh, anyway, I'm Carl. I'll see you around." he says, leaving the lockers on the way to a class.

I walk past the entrance door to the school, to find a large group of people stumbling towards the school.

they looked strange, and pale, but I presume they were just passing by in the neighbourhood.

I walk quickly to my Spanish room, spiralling in, as I realise I'm 15 minutes late.

"Lauren, your late?" my Spanish teacher spoke.

"sorry señora, I just missed the bus." I say, sitting down only to realise Carl was right behind me.

"sexy señorita, I feel your ora." carl says, singing behind me.

"shh!" I say, giggling.

Our teacher was talking through the present tense in Spanish, blah blah blah, I don't really pay attention to be honest, but something caught my attention deeply.

in the window, shaped in the door, I see people running frantically, yet I hear no noise over my señoras speaking.

A high pitched scream and bang interrupts our lesson.

"Oh, I wonder what-" Señora Reed says, before my English teacher, rushes into the classroom, with some half dead creature biting at his leg.