15: A Potential New Home

3 months now, we've been on the road. Just travelling, walking, exploring.

We didn't really get anywhere, none of us knew how to track, we were all exhausted, and right now, I don't think we are going to find anywhere to call home.

We need somewhere to call home.

"Look." Glenn says, approaching an orange, blood stained rucksack left on the side of the road.

As I look on the road, I notice very faint, yet noticeable, car wheel marks.

A car was here recently.

"Go north. A car's passed here recently, people are around here." I say, pointing to the ground.

"Let's go then." Shane says, quickly picking up speed.

As we walk further and further up the concreted road, I notice the woods surrounding the road more, as it becomes narrower and narrower.

"Wait. There's a tower up there." Sophia says, pointing at a tower hidden in the trees.

"We could check it out?" I suggest.

"In the morning. The sun will go down soon. We do it in daylight." Shane orders

Fine by me.

"Where will we stay?" Maggie asks.

"Up there." Shane says.

As I look up into the trees, an old abandoned, run down tree house remains.

"Looks safe enough. High up." Hershel says.

"Let's go then."

As I approach the broken and scratch wooden ladder of the treehouse, I look up, as the gentle soft moonlight flickers down amongst the trees, glinting against the wood.

We all climb all the ladders, and sit in the old treehouse. It was cosy, comforting.

As I lay down, ready to sleep, I try to remember Carl's face, but I can't picture it. The colour of his eyes were like a mystery to me, and I feel lost without him for the first time in forever.

Where could they be?