31: Unexpected Arrivals

As we drive into the prison gates, it all seemed too surreal to be back after what felt like so long, but was only a few weeks.

Me and Sophia jump off the truck, the buckles on our boots clash together as we land on the floor.

"Sophia!" Carol screams, running over to us.

"My beautiful girl. My beautiful beautiful baby." Carol says, tears streaming down her face as she runs her hands through Sophia's hair, and wiping away the tears from Sophia's eyes.

"Lauren." Carl says, dropping the bucket of water in his hands as he stopped dead in his tracks.

I walk up to him, place my hand on his shoulder and lean in to kiss him. But stop, whispering

"Who is the chick?"

And he pulls away.

"What chick?" He asks.

"You know." I say, walking away, my head up high as I walk away.

I say hello to Daryl, Mika, Lizzie, Glenn and the others. But one face was simply unrecognisable.

"Hi." She says.

"Hi?" I reply, confused.

"Are you Lauren?" She asks again.

"Yes. You are?" I rudely reply, not realising the amount of sarcasm in my tone of voice.

"Soto. Alexa Soto."

"You were the one talking to Carl. You're the new 'bitch' he has on the side."

"That's not the way id define myself, but I'm also Maggie and Beth's cousin." Alexa explains.

"You obviously didn't get the selflessness they received." I snap at her.

I walk away knowing I would snap if she continued.

"The blood on your hand really brings out the colour of your eyes." Alexa sarcastically comments and before I knew it, I was face to face with her once again.

"Say it again and you will regret it." I say, the anger boiling inside me.

"Try me." She says.

"You bitch!" I shout, launching myself to Alexa but being quickly restrained back by someone.

I turn around to find Carl.

"This is the girl I was talking to." Carl says.

"Great." I spit.

"She was telling me that the pigs needed feeding." He says.

"We have pigs?" I ask.

"I'll show you." Carl says, taking my hand and leading me to the front of the prison.

• • •

3:49am.

"Rick! Hershel! Help!" I hear Lori scream. Her heavy breaths echo throughout the cells.

"Carl!" I say, shaking his body and waking him up.

"What? Go away." He whines, his long brown hair, covering the dirt on his face, and his bright blue eyes.

"Today's the day." I say

"Your joking." He says.

"My waters broken!" Lori screams, followed by a splash so loud, Carl jumped up.

"Let's go." I say, jumping out of my bed, in my baggy Arctic Monkeys jumper, no trousers, because today the day was Lori was having her baby.

"Where's Shane?" Lori screams. "Where is he?"

"He's no where to be found. He's done a runner." Daryl says.

"No. No." Lori says, still taking deep breaths in and out.

"He got it up, and now he's gone. I'm sorry." Daryl says again.

"But-" Lori begins but is cut short by Maggie.

"On the floor, Lori. We need to get the baby out now."

• • •

Okay, Alexa in the book is @easilydistractedpie I just want to say a massive thank you to her because she is always voting and commenting on my stories. She always tells me what I'm doing well and even predicts what happens next. 🙈

Go follow her and I really hope you enjoy her character in the story because I have big story lines coming up for Alexa. 💃