we won't be erased

Hey this is a big fuck you to the u.s. government for trying to take away my and every other trans persons rights also I would like to say if you are trans I hope you are having a great day and I love and support you btw if you didn't know Bex Taylor-Klaus (Pidges voice actor) is nonbionary! If you couldn't tell from that this is a trans Lance fic

  Quiet sobs could be heard throughout the castle. Keith walked through the halls, stopping occasionally to listen and head the direction where they seemed to be coming from. After a few minutes of wondering the palace he finally stumbled upon Lances room, the sobs were very obviously coming from there. Keith quietly walked towards the door, hesitant to knock yet doing so anyway.

"Lance, it's Keith. Are you alright?" He asked softly through the door, putting his ear against it to see if he could hear anything.

He heard a quiet string of swears and some sniffles before Lance replied in a high pitched voice, "Yeah, I'm good." He obviously wasn't.

Being worried and a little curious Keith decided to ask, "Can I come in?" He backed away from the door a few steps.

"Yeah sure, just uh... give me a minute," he responded. Keith could hear shuffling and what sounded like clothes being put on. Next thing he knew the door was open and Lance was standing there, his face red, very clearly had been crying, and his clothes disheveled. "What's up?" He asked, leaning against the door frame.

"I uh," Keith started as he looked Lance up and down, noticing how he'd never seen him look like this before. "I heard crying coming from your room. Is everything okay? Do you want to talk?"

Lance glanced down to the floor, as to avoid Keith's worried stare. "It's nothing," he glancing down again, not to the floor but to his chest for a few moments before looking back up. "Just some personal stuff. Don't worry."

"Too late, I'm worried. What's wrong?" Keith asked almost demandingly.

Lance paused for a moment before stepped back from the doorway. "It's better if I explain in here." Keith slowly stepped into the messy room, both of them sitting on Lances bed. He sighed, "Okay... Sorry it's really nerve wracking talking about this with someone."

"You don't have to tell me if yo-" Keith started before Lance cut him off.

"I know. You should know though. Nobody else does and at least one person should know," he stated, giving the older boy a weak smile. "So... I am trans. As in transgender. I was born a girl but I'm a guy."

Keith's eyes widened. "Oh, okay. I support you, and if it helps you pass really well. I had no idea." He silently cursed himself for being awkward and not knowing what to say. A few moment of awkward silence before Keith finally spoke up again. "So why were you crying?"

Lance hesitated a moment before muttering "Dysphoria." Now that Keith really looked he could see that Lances figure was a bit more feminine and how his face wasn't as sharp as most guys, but that didn't change a thing because he was still Lance.

"If there's anything I can do to help please let me know, although you already look hella manly," he said with a small smile. Lance just smiled and fake punched him in the arm.

"Thanks man, you don't know how much it really means." He thought for a moment. "Actually I need to tell you one more thing," he mentioned as his face flushed pink.

    "You can tell me anything Lance," he told him, wanting to be able to help him in anyway. "I'm so glad there's someone else in the lgbt community here, finally someone I can talk to about that stuff."

    "Wait, you're part of the community too?" Lance asked, a smile growing upon his face.

     "Oh yeah, I'm hella gay," he replied, finally relaxing.

    Lance bit his lip, avoiding Keith's gaze. "Would you happen to like trans guys? Just asking cause you know some people don't date trans people, not that I would blame you if you don't."

     "I do. Specifically one that has the most beautiful blue eyes." Keith lightly caressed Lances hand. "Smooth caramel skin." He set his arm on Lances shoulder, grazing his hands over his hair. "Soft brown hair, yet he makes fun of mine." Lances face was covered in a dark blush, finally understanding what the other was talking about. "And I only just found out he was trans a few moments ago, but it doesn't change a thing."

     It took a few moments for Lance to do anything, being too flustered to even form a complete thought. "I-um I like you too?"

      Keith chuckled, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Was that a question or an answer?" They both laughed a bit.

     "It was a answer," he said, smiling wider than Keith had ever seen. "So are we a thing now? I mean I want to be, but do you?"

      Keith's face flushed brighter than before, "Of course, Lance... I-I love you, so much and I feel like I should ask you properly, so Lance McClain will you be my boyfriend?" He questioned embarrassingly, clearly anxious although the answer was almost certain.

     "For the second time, yes," he replied, giving Keith a peck on the cheek. "And I love you too."