Partner in crime

Okay so this has the same beginning as "uh....forming Voltron?" But it has a different ending so yeah

He was my partner in crime.We did everything together. We fought battles together, we trained together, we even lived together along with the other paladins of Voltron of course. I spen every day with him. I thought he would care more about me than to just go and leave. One day he came back from a solo mission, he seemed... different. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong, but I knew it was something.

"Hey Lance, can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked looking a bit nervous.

"Yeah of course," I told him as I got up off the couch. We went to my room to talk because you never know when the other paladins will barge in. We sat down on my bed, he had a sad look on his face. It made me want to hug him, but he doesn't quite like human contact. "What's wrong Keith?" I asked him wanting to figure it out and help him.

"Well... the Marmora they want me to go on a mission." He told me I didn't see why Keith was so upset about this because he had gone on many missions before. "But this mission will take months," I saw tears swell up in his eyes. "I don't want to leave you guys for that long." His voice was cracking and weak.

"Keith it's okay," he looked over to me with the saddest look. A few tears started to stream down his face. I leaned in towards him and gave him a hug I don't care if he doesn't like human contact he needs one right now. He hugged me back holding on to me tight. "You don't have to leave you can stay right here with us."

"But it would help the team and Marmora. I know I should, but I-I don't want to leave you," he sobbed. I could feel my shirt being stained with his tears, but I didn't care.

"You don't have to leave us," I started crying as well all this emotion being let out. It was a experience that neither of us would forget. "Keith please don't leave."

"B-But it would be good for everyone I just... I don't want to miss you the whole time, and I know I will." We sat there hugging each other tight like if we let go we would never see each other again, both of us crying our eyes out. Finally after a few minutes of just hugging and crying Keith pulled away, but stayed right in front of me. I held Keiths hand gently as I watched him try and wipe away the tears still flowing from his beautiful violet eyes. We looked at each other, and what I saw was the person I loved being torn apart on the inside.

"Lance I know this may not be the right time to say this, and I know you probably don't think of me this way, but I think you should know this before I go on the mission. I...I uh.. I like you. Like, like like you. I don't know, I'm so-" I cut him off by leaning in and putting my lips against his. He was still for a moment before slowly melting into the kiss. We pulled apart a moment later.

"I like you too." His face was a soft pink and his eyes sparkled.

"So uh.. Be my boyfriend?" He asked while smiling, and not worrying about the mission.

"Definitely," I replied laughing a little bit as his obliviousness to my feelings for him. We hugged softly one last time before he went to tell Shiro, the team leader, he was going on the mission.

He was finally leaving for the mission, everyone on the team stood there as Keith was saying goodbye to everyone on the team. He walked over me Shiro, gave him a quick small hug then moved on to Hunk. He told him something about missing his cooking and how he wanted him to make sure I'm not too sad. He told Pidge that she would have to suffer being the shortest and that he's sure the rest of the team would comment on that now that he was gone. He just gave Allura a quick wave since she was quite... mean to Keith. Then he walked over to me, I had tears threatening to spill out. We just stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before I gave him a big hug. A few tears rolled down my face as we were hugging. Finally after about half a minute we pulled away from the hug. We had our arms loosely around each other and we looked awkwardly at the team.

"I don't care anymore," Keith said referring to not wanting the team to know we were dating. So we pulled each other into a soft kiss. We broke it after we heard Shiro clear his throat, and I just hugged him again.

"I love you Keith, please be safe," I whispered in his ear softly.
"I love you too, I'll miss you so much." He broke away from the hug and gave me one last peck before walking away towards the ship. He looked back towards us and gave us one last small wave before the door closed.

It had been a little over four months since Keith had left, and I was not doing as good with it as I thought I would be. I missed him a lot, not only as my boyfriend, but also as a friend and a team member. We would always be the ones to make everyone smile with our constant joking around and competitions, but now he's not here so it has been really quiet on the ship. Shiro called us into the living room because he had an announcement to make he said it was about Keith so hope fully he will be coming back soon. I can't wait to see him!

I walked into the living room, where everyone already was, and sat down. Shiro seemed as if something had happened, his eyes were red and puffy, he had a sad look on his face, and I swear I could see tears forming in his eyes.

"Okay everyone as you know Keith went on that mission a few months ago. Well the marmora contacted me a few minutes ago and informed me of something." He told us, his voice was sad and almost cracking. I had a terrible feeling, I already knew something had happened, but what happened was what I wanted to know. I at least wanted to know if he would be okay.
         "The ship Keith was on... it was attacked," no no no this could not be happening. "Unfortunately he...," tears started to fall from Shiros eyes. "He... died." My heart stopped. I couldn't move it seemed, I didn't want to either. He was dead. Tears flooded out as I fully processed it. My best friend, my boyfriend, my teammate, and my everything gone. I would never see his smiling face, or get another hug or a sarcastic comment from him ever again.

He was my partner in crime.