A glimpse in the future

"Are you sure you want to do this Lance?" Allura asks him before finishing putting the head gear on him.

"I'm sure Allura, I just want to see one glimpse of my future," He told her with certainty. A smile was plastered on his face and he was almost bursting with excitement, yet also nervousness.

"Remember you will be seeing what you will see in the future. You can't change anything or move," she reminded him. He was already sure, there were so many thing he wanted to know. If he and Keith would still be together, if they would win the war against Zarkon, if he would ever get back to Earth, and so much more.

"Okay Allura, I'm ready," he told her once she finished preparing the machine.

"Good luck Lance," she said quietly before flipping the switch and a moment later Lance was out.

Switching to Lances p.o.v.

I open my eyes and I'm standing somewhere I don't recognize, but it looked quite like a church. Then I realized it the only place there are buildings like this is Earth. I wanted to run outside smell the fresh air, see my family, and do everything I couldn't while in space. Unfortunately I could do any of that stuff because, like Allura said, I would see what I would see in the future. I was basically in my body in the future. It's hard to explain.

I turned around and looked in the mirror, I was wearing a blue suit with a black bow tie. Wow I must be dressed for some kind of special occasion. Suddenly someone burst in the room. It looks kind of like Pidge, it must be her in the future. She was wearing a nice plain black suit with a plain black bow tie.

   "Are you ready Lance?" She asked me with a smile on her face. Ready for what?

    "Yeah I guess, do I look okay?" I asked her. I could feel a smile on my face, and I could also feel that I was nervous.

   "You look great," she replied before looking at the clock. "It's time," she grabbed my hand and pulled me in front of two big doors. Suddenly they opened and I saw my whole family sitting in the front rows of the church, along with Coran, Allura, Shay, and more aliens that I didn't know. I looked to the end of the isle and saw a sight that would have made my eyes water. Keith was standing there in a red tuxedo at an alter. I finally realized what was going on. Shiro was standing next to him with Matt behind Shiro. On the other side was Hunk and my younger brother, Benji. The music started and everyone looked back to where I was standing. I started slowly walking down the aisles and examining everyone in them. In the back rows I saw people who were probably my moms friends. In the middle there was former friends, cousins, and people who I didn't have a strong connection with. In the front few rows there sat closer family, friends, and other important people in my life. My sister, Sophia, gave me a thumbs up while my mom gave me a heart warming smile. Finally I was at the alter, Keith just stood there giving me a beautiful smile that I will never forget. I examined him better now that I was closer. He had a very small, yet pretty purple flower crown on, and he had a locket on that I assume must have been from me because it had L+K carved into it.

   Keith gave me the fondest smile before whispering, "I love you." I heard myself whisper the same thing back to him. His eyes got pink and puffy, I could almost see tears start to form in his eyes.

   I shot up. No it ended too soon. Allura was standing right beside me, and Pidge was in the room now too.

   "I need to go back!" I told her while trying to fix the head gear back on.

   "Lance I'm sorry you can only see into the future once. I hope you don't mind me asking, what did you see?" She asked me with a bit of a worried look on her face.

   "I-I saw Keith... me and him, well... we were getting married. It was amazing, you were there and Pidge was there. I'm pretty sure it was on Earth too," I looked up at her again and saw a smile on her face. I was almost crying thinking about what I saw. My future will be amazing I know that for sure.