You're not a monster.

Keith p.o.v.

I stood there looking at the mirror. I was shaking, and on the verge of tears as I examined myself. My purple skin, my odd fluffy ears, my sharp nails, and worst of all my bright yellow eyes. They were piercing and didn't even seem to be mine. I didn't look like me anymore. I look like a monster.... no I am a monster. I don't want the team to have to see me like this, I don't want anyone to see me like this. I punched the mirror out of rage, which I immediately regretted doing. I had my gloves on, but it still hurt like hell and a few glass pieces broke through I just quickly pulled them out. I was so full of rage and fear and also a little sadness I guess. This wasn't me, but in the broken shards of the mirror I could still see my reflection. It looked like me, it was me. Suddenly as my eyes started to get filled to the brim with tears of every emotion, I heard a knock at my door. Oh god right now is not the time.

I panicked a bit before yelling a nervous,
     "What?"

     "Keith it's me," Lance was out there. Oh great I really don't need him seeing me like this.
"I just wanted to hang out a little bit. Ya know since you've were gone on that Blade of Marmora mission for a long time." Of course now is the time Lance wants to hang out. He never wanted to hang out with me before I don't see what's so different now.

"Now's not really the time Lance," I said as I started to panic (at the disco).

    "Please I really need to talk to you about something," I really wanted to let him in but I can't let him see me like this. I tried to quickly walk over to my bed to grab a blanket to cover myself up with in case he did walk in, but I slipped and fell on the glass. I caught myself before my face hit the floor the fall was still loud though.

    "Keith! Are you okay? I'm coming in," I tried to protest, but before I could he opened the door. The look on his face wasn't a scared look, like I had expected, but more surprised and a little sympathetic. (Everyone already knew he was Galra) He walked over to me with a small smile and stuck out his hand to help me up. I gladly took it and once I did the tears finally burst out. Once I got up he didn't let go of my hand though, he dragged me over to my bed, which stung because of the cuts on my hand. We both sat down and he put a soft blanket over me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked sympathetically, yet hesitant.

"There's nothing to talk about Lance," I spat out with a sour tone, "I'm a monster." He gentler held my hand again.

"You're not a monster Keith," he started, "do you consider Allura a monster?" I shook my head no quickly. "Why not? She's a different species, just like you. Do you see what I'm getting at? It doesn't matter what species you are or what you look like. The only thing that matters is who you are as a person." He put his hand on my heart, "I love you for who you are Keith and so does everyone else." The tears on my face started drying as I hugged Lance.

He immediately hugged me back then I whispered,
"I love you too." We didn't need to speak anymore we already knew that we loved each other in a way more than friends.

Switching to Lances p.o.v.

Keith seems like he's had a hard day with being galra and all. I just want to help him for.... reasons. I hate to see people in pain, especially the people I care for. Especially Keith.

"Hey Keith, you should get some sleep," I could feel his ear twitch against my head as he tried to bury his head into the crook of my neck.

   "Y-yeah," he replied quickly and quietly, but not moving.

    "I should probably leave then," I told him trying to loosen the hug a little bit, but then he looked up at me.

  "Lance will you stay for the night?" He asked with his yellow eyes slowly turning back to his normal violet. I couldn't say no he looked so adorable and innocent.

"Of course I will," I told him as we laid down and pulled the covers over us. He fell asleep almost immediately and I tried to fall asleep, but I was just worried that he was comfortable. I looked over at him one last time before I fell asleep and I saw him back in his human form. His hair spread everywhere, his eyes twitching a little bit, it was so adorable. I couldn't help, but think about how much I loved him as I finally fell in to a deep sleep.