Highschool au part one: the drawing

Sorry this took forever but I started reading a thing and I completely forgot I have things I'm writing.

      Keith sat at his lunch table, alone, working on a drawing of who he considered the most beautiful person in the universe. Lance McClain. He carefully drew the small details of his smile. His cute dimples, the tiny scar that was only visible when he smiled, and of course the shine of his lipgloss. Lance was one of the most popular boys at school, and unlike all the rest he was popular because he wore makeup, he was friends with many of the girls in the school, and he just a good person in general.

       Keith looked up to get a look at Lance, for reference, however he couldn't help but stare. He only realized he was staring when Lance  looked towards Keith and smiled at him. Keith's face flushed before he quickly looked back down to his drawing, pretending to be doing something important. Once he thought Lance would be looking away from him he took a small glance at him. He saw Lance tell his friends something and then start walking towards Keith. He tried to keep focused on his drawing, but when Lance tapped his shoulder he knew that any trace of concentration left would be gone in a matter of seconds.

       "Hey, can I sit here?" Lance asked, pointing to the seat beside Keith, with his signature smile on his face.

      Keith could already tell he was blushing redder than a tomato. "Y-yeah sure." Keith smiled nervously before realizing that the drawing was still out. Lance would probably think he was a creep if he saw that Keith had a drawing of him. So as Lance sat down Keith tried to discreetly slide the drawing under his stuff. Unfortunately for him Lance noticed.

"Hey your drawing is really good," Lance told him as a dusting of blush spread across his face, making his freckles appear more clearly.

"Thanks," he took a quick look back at the drawing. "I- uh sorry I was just looking for someone to draw and you are just..." Keith cut himself off, not wanting to embarrass himself anymore.

"Don't apologize, it looks amazing and I am a pretty good model." Lance chuckle and winked at him suggestively, but Keith didn't understand. He just smiled awkwardly while shoving the picture in his stuff. "So I was wondering are you doing anything tomorrow?" Lance asked with a smirk.

Keith raised an eyebrow, "No, why?" Lance thought it was cute how clueless he was. Lance rested his chin in his hand before continuing.

"Well I was just wondering if you wanted to do something together." Keith was starting to get the hint and became more flustered as the conversation went on. "Like as in a date." Keith couldn't say no to Lance, he was just so irresistible, and to be honest Keith had a bit of a crush on Lance, but he would never admit that.

"Y-yeah, that sounds nice," Keith said while finally calming down. Lance and Keith then exchanged phone numbers and carried on for the rest of the school day. Keith had science, math, and a study hall left. The rest of the day went fairly quick considering Keith kept drawing through most of his classes. His brother Shiro, who taught at the school, drove them home a little bit after classes ended. Thank goodness it was Friday because Keith couldn't take anymore learning.

"Hey Shiro," Keith approached him while he was grading papers. "I need some advice."

Shiro set the stack of papers to the side and rubbed his eyes before replying. "What is it Keith?"

"So you see, I kind of have a date and I have no idea what to do on a date," he smiled nervously. Shiro motioned for him to sit down, so he did.

"Who is it?" He asked as he sipped his coffee. Keith's face flushed a light pink, a second later he let out a smile smile.

"Well... I should tell you something first," he paused a minute and thought of how to word what he was going to say. "Okay so I'm gay and-"

"I know Keith," Shiro interrupted.

"How did you know?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow and twiddling his thumbs.

Shiro sighed, "Keith for one thing, you draw that boy Lance constantly, and usually I wouldn't have taken that as a sign, but you kind of left your diary out." He tried not to look guilty, as Keith glared at him. "Well anyway, also I have instinct. Kinda like mothers instinct, but being a bisexual myself I can usually tell when someone's not straight."

       "Is that why you're always so nice to Adam?" Keith asked since he thought his brother was as straight as a nail.

Shiros face flushed before he replied, "You see Keith that's something called none of your business."

     "Whatever," he moved a little further away from him. "Can you give me some advice?"

    "Yeah, of course." And with that they spent the next hour talking about what Keith should and should not do on a date, what to dress like, and Shiro even helped him text Lance to decide where to go. Eventually they decided they would go to Chili's to eat then go to a book store.

Keith went to sleep a few hours later, but he was a nervous wreck and couldn't get any sleep.

The next morning Keith woke up earlier than anticipated, so he had plenty of time to get ready. He wore a pair of black jeans, a red and white baseball shirt with a record on it, and a galaxy jacket. He used a silver, glittery eyeliner that his friend Pidge said brought out his eyes. He ate a piece of toast and played on his phone, but before he knew it the door bell rung.