Guardian angel

The only person that talked to Keith anymore was Lance. He and Lance would spend hours every day walking around the castle talking about anything they wanted. Keith even stayed with Lance in the red lion. They were never apart, which seemed a little strange to Lance, but he didn't think too much into it he was just happy to be with him. During the time that they started to become close Lance had started to develop feelings for the dark haired emo, and today was the day he was going to tell him.

They were in Lances room, laying there in peaceful silence when he decided to tell him.

    "Hey Keith, there's something that I want to tell you," he told him while sitting up.

    "What is it?" The smaller boy asked while doing the same.

   "Okay so we've been hanging out a lot and well.... I-I... I like you a lot. Like I like like you as in more than a friend," he said nervously, hiding his blush in his hands.

In response Keith just let out a small laugh, Lance thought he was laughing at him which he expected. However before Lance had time to move or do anything he felt a soft pair of lips on his cheek.

   "You idiot," Keith said as he peppered Lances face with kisses. "I love you too."

Lance finally took his face out of his hands, with his blush still growing and finally allowed Keith to give his a peck on the lips, to which both boys enjoyed to the full extent they could.

Keith was still around, but he wasn't around Lance as much. Of course none of the other paladins would talk to Keith still. Lance had no idea where he went when he would disappear, he would only ever leave for a few hours though so Lance didn't mind that much. One day Keith disappeared for over a day and still hadn't come to talk to Lance, heck Lance hadn't even seen Keith, which worried him a lot.

Everyone, except Keith, was in the living room just talking about their next battle plan. Lance had kept quiet the whole time, he was just wondering where Keith was.

"Lance what do you think?" Shiro suddenly asked, catching Lance off guard.

"I- uh... I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention," Lance responded, very embarrassed.

"Lance you have to pay attention," Pidge butt in, "we don't want this mission to end up like the last one." When she said that everyone looked at the ground, like they were sad about something. Lance didn't quite remember what happened last battle, he just woke up in a healing pod a few days later, he assumed it went badly by the way everyone was acting at this point in time. Lance didn't know when, but Keith must of sat down beside him sometime during the meeting.

"I love you Lance, never forget that," Keith whispered to him while grabbing his hand and holding it tight.

"I love you too," Lance whispered quietly while turning to look at Keith and smiling. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy, probably because he and Keith didn't tell them they were dating, but Lance figured they knew seeing how they held hands and cuddled around the castle all the time.

"Lance who are you talking to?" Shiro asked, his voice cracking a bit as he thought about the last battle they had been in.

"Who else would I be talking to?" He turned at them and smiled, "Keith." Everyone went quiet, if someone dropped a pin you would be able to hear it. The only noises were trampling breaths and a few seconds later tears hitting the floor.

"Lance you need to stop this," Shiro said to him angerly, yet also very sad and full of pain. Right now everyone looked like they were full of pain too.

"You have to get over this eventually, Keith is dead."