Chapter 25: no stepmonster replacing me

It's funny how every Monday, Trent is never at school. I'm becoming suspicious. Trent and I have many secrets and it will affect our relationship in the future if this goes on. I wanna ask him but he becomes sensitive about it. It bothers me because he won't trust me enough to let me in. I'm such a hyprocryte because I have kept him in the dark as well.

I get to the cafeteria as I find Chloe, Maya, Jaxon and fucking Xander. "Hey guys I say as I sit down next to Jaxon. Everyone replies except for Xander surprise surprise. "Where do you come from?" Maya asks. I look at Chloe "She had to deliver her assignment." Chloe says. "What assignment?" Jaxon asks. "Who cares" Chloe replies. I give her a thankful smile. I eat my lunch as the bell rings. "Well I gotto get to class. My math teacher already hates me, don't wanna be late" I say as I stand up to leave. "Maybe you should go back to wherever you come from." Xander says. "Maybe you should get laid and get off my butt" I reply then I leave.

>>>>

I get to class and the only seat open is next to Jordan. I make my way next to him as Mrs Pillay enters. "Can everyone shut the hell up!" She yells. "Someone's in a mood" Jordan says. "Alright, quiz test" she says as the whole class groans. Then there's a knock on the door. "Uhmm sorry to disturb Mrs Pillay but you are wanted at the office" some boy says as she groans. "Alright well , you guys got lucky, but open page 245 and do number 1,2,4 and 5 then go to page 247 then do the whole activity as well as 250, do number 5 and 7... I want it tomorrow or detention" she says as the class groans again then she exits. "Behave" she says.

I take out my notebook as I start drawing the whole class starts to have their own conversation. "So I feel like I haven't seen or talked to you in years, what have you been up to this weekend?" He asks. "Nothing much" I reply. "So you and Trent are a thing now?" He asks and I look at him. "How'd you know about that?" I ask. "I thought you were smart Zara" he says. Then he looks away. I ignore him and I continue drawing. "Yes Trent is a bad boy and known to be a player but he has feelings to, he likes me and I like him, I don't appreciate you judging me just because I'm dating him." I say. Then he laughs. "What's so funny?" I ask. "You don't get it do you?" He asks. "Get what?" I ask. "Zara, Trent doesn't do girlfriends , he is a player and he's good with his game, hes a fucking writer and he knows his way with words, I just thought you'd be smart enough to see right through his bullshit, he's playing you like these other innocent girls and you're making it too easy." He says. "Are you done?" I ask him. "Suite yourself. I warned you" he says. The bell rings and it's after school.

>>>>

It's been thirty minutes and my dad hasn't shown up yet. I decide to walk. I'm 10 minutes away from home as Trent's car pulls up next to me. "Hey sexy, hop and let daddy give you a ride" he says and I roll my eyes as I make my way to the passenger side. "How was school?" He asks. "Tiring" I answer. "Yeah I bet it was" he replies. "I'm gonna try out for cross country" I say. "Oh wow that's great. I mean if it's what you want." He says. "Yeahh I need something to keep me busy and get my mind off of things you know" I say and we reach my house. He opens the door the same time as me. He holds my hand as we make our way towards the door. Then I unlock it as we go up to my room. I take my shoes off and I take my dress off as I wear my sweatpants and tank top. I wince in pain. "What is it?" Trent asks. "I think I'm starting my period" I say as j grab tampons and I run to the toilet.

I took painkillers and I'm laying in bed with a hot water bottle on my abdomen. "You don't look too good" Trent says. "That's because I'm not" I say. I squeeze his hand and I shut my eyes, wincing in pain til it stops. I rub my sweat every second. "I hate the fact that there's nothing I can do" he says. "How long does it take for the drugs to kick in?" He asks. "Usually close to an hour" I say. "Well what can I get you , do you need anything?" He asks. "No I'm fine" I say. The pain eases as I feel myself drifting off. "Goodnight, sleep tight angel" I hear Trent say as he kisses me.

>>>>

I get up and I check the time to see that it's 10:30. Damn how long was I out. I'm starving. I make my way downstairs as I hear voices in the living room. I go towards it and I see my dad and some woman i don't recognize. She's really gorgeous. She has long dark hair, beautiful dark skin and she's tall. "Dad" I say as their attention falls on me. "Hey, shouldn't you be asleep?" He asks. "Yeah but I got hungry" he says. "Sweety there are some burritos in the kitchen that we brought for you" the lady says. Then I look at my dad. "Uhmm Zara this is Jennifer, Jenni this is my daughter Zara." He says. "So this is the famous Zara, so nice to finally meet you. Wow John, she is beautiful. You are really beautiful" she says. "Uhh thanks" I say as I make my way to the kitchen. I know I said I wanted my dad to be happy and move on but I'm not ready to share my dad. I warm up the burrito then I take it up to my room hoping my dad won't see me. "Zara!" He yells. "Yes dad" I reply. "I know you're not eating that in your room" he says and I sigh as I make my way to where they are sitting and I sit on the opposite couch. I start eating as fast as I can so I can leave. "So , Zara what year are you doing?" Jennifer asks. I don't reply as I continue eating my food. "Zara , Jennifer asked you a question" dad says as he gives me a serious look. I huff in annoyance. "I'm doing my last year" I reply. "Oh wow that's great, I remember when I did my last year, I made sure that I made memories. I wasn't popular in school but I still had fun, so have you though of any colleges?" She asks. Then dad looks at me. "Uhhh yeah, I'd really like to go to New York and study medicine there but I don't wanna leave me dad so I'm looking for colleges around here." I say. "Oh New York, you have big dreams and you wanna be a doctor?" She asks. "Why are you so interested in my life, did my dad propose to you already?" I ask in annoyance as her eyes widen. "Zara Adia Anderson!" I look at my dad as he gets up and he looks at me with cold eyes. "Go to your room now!" He yells making Jennifer and I jump in fear. "With pleasure" I say as I storm out the room. "I'm so sorry about her" I hear dad say as my eyes fill up with tears. I get into my covers and I close my eyes.

A/N

- Zara's middle name Adia is pronnounced (Ah-dee-yah) it means: valuable gift from God.
- Its an African name, because I'm from South Africa.