chapter 5: dreaming of him

"What the... Trent, are you freaken stalking me, how'd you know where I live?" I ask, not believing this. Trent looks at me, then bursts into laughter. "Wow Fro, stalking you, really? That's low, even for me" Trent replies. "Whatever what are you doing here?" I ask as I fold my arms looking annoyed with my lips pouting and my eyebrows raised high. "You ordered pizza Fro, just doing my job, delivering." Trent replies. That's when I notice the uniform and the pizza box he is holding. Trent has a job, but why, he is super rich, you can tell by the way he dresses and the car he drives, what 17 year old drives a freaken Mustang.

"I seriously need to deliver to other people Fro and you're wasting my time." He says waiting impatiently. "Oh right erm sorry, how much do I owe you?" I ask. "15 dollers" he replies as I hand him 20 dollers. "Keep the change" I say to him. "Hey are you alright?" He asks. "Yeah I'm fine , why do you ask?" I reply. "Well your eyes look different, they look red and swollen and your cheeks are a different shade , almost as if you were crying" he says. "Uhmm yeah well thanks for the pizza" I reply as I shut the door. "Wait Fro" he says. "Goodbye Trent" I reply and shut the door as I lean against it and let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding. I hear the scooter come to life and I go upstairs to my room with the pizza in my hand. I grab my laptop and I go through my pictures and videos from back in Michigan , with my friends. As I eat the slice of pizza I laugh at how my dad would be scolding me for eating in my room. My laugh dies down as I see a picture I thought was long gone. A picture of me and my ex boyfriend Lincoln. That's when all the memories come back. On this picture I had my hair braided and I was looking up at Lincoln smiling at him thinking how he was my world and that I would give him anything. Lincoln was looking at me and smiling. How that smile once made me so happy and made me feel at ease and now I sit here and regret the day I ever fell in love with that smile. I shut my laptop as tears roll down my cheeks once again.

I run downstairs and leave the leftovers of the pizza in the microwave and I decide it's time for me to get to bed. I change into my pyjamas. And I slide into my bed and get comfortable. I stare up at the ceiling as I reminisce about my happy moments in Michigan. Until my eyelids become to heavy as sleep takes over me.

>>>>

"Zara , you belong with me. I love you and I promise I will never hurt you because you mean the world to me. I know you're insecure babe but I promise you babe, I'm all yours and only yours, you make me so happy." I smile back at Lincoln after he said those sweet words to me. We are standing a few feet away from each other. As I try to make my way to him. I see her, she's all over Lincoln and she kisses him, Lincoln kisses her back and he doesn't push her away. "Lincoln!" I yell but he doesn't seem to notice me. I start crying as my knees become weak and I drop to the ground. "Shhh, it's ok. You were too good for him anyways, get up Fro" I turn my head and I see him. "Trent?" I ask not believing that it's really him. "Its me Fro, shhh don't cry, he doesn't deserve your tears" he says. "Trent what are you doing here?" I ask. "Isnt it obvious Fro.Wake up Zara, open your eyes. Can't you see that I really car...."

"Zara... Zara... you better get up young lady or you'll be late for school" I hear a voice yell."Trent?" I ask not really sure who is calling me. "Trent, who's Trent?" He replies. I force my eyes to open. "Oh, morning Dad" I say as I try to get out of bed. "Who is Trent? Zara, get up and go shower, I'll be leaving in an hour, I have a meeting" dad says as he walks out of my room.

"Shit that was so close" I say to myself as I head to the bathroom to shower. I turn the shower on as I get a shower cap , I don't have time to wash my hair and dry it since dad is in a hurry. My thoughts start to wander as I think about my dream. Why would Trent appear in my dream and couldn't my dad wait a few minutes, I wanted to know what Trent was going to say. I decide I need to get out of the shower before my dad leaves. I turn the shower off and dry myself as I brush my teeth then I do my makeup. Making it light with just some mascara and baby pink lipstick. I decided to braid my hair on one side then my curls on my other side. I decide to wear my black high-waisted jeans and a grey plain hoodie with my addidas baby pink Stan Smiths. I apply some perfume and I check my appearance once more and I approve as I grab my cell phone and backpack and make my way downstairs. The smell of bacon and eggs hits my nose, making my stomach grumble.

"Sit and eat your breakfast sweetheart" dad says as he eats his food. "Thanks dad, it smells really good" I reply smiling at my dad. After eating I rince my plate then put it near the sink. "Here, I made you lunch." Dad says as he hands me the lunch bag."OMG, dad thank you very much" I hug him tightly as I shower him with kisses. "Zara, you're just like your mom, stop kissing me with your lipstick , now I have to wash my face again. And don't get used to this." Dad says as he rushes upstairs to clean his face maybe. "Thanks dad" I reply with a smile on my face as I touch up on my lipstick.

>>>>

"Alright pumpkin, I'll pick you up after school, have a great day, I love you very much, be safe" dad says as he kisses my nose. "I love you dad, drive safely and please bring me McDonalds when you fetch me, thanks, love you bye" I say as I close the door , not giving him an option to reply. "You are so bossy" dad yells.
"I got it from my momma and you still love me" I reply as he drives off. I turn and I trip as I close my eyes waiting to meet the ground but it never comes.

A/N
Double update🕺