chapter 14: perfect date

ZARAS POV

Trent is driving us out of the woods. Honestly this is a new record, Trent hasn't annoyed me at all. We sit in silence listening to the radio as 'God is a woman' by Ariana Grande starts playing. "Omg turn it up" I say excitedly. "No way!" Trent says as I pout like a baby. "Why not, this is my jam" I say as I increase the volume "You can't possibly expect me to listen to girly songs and drive a manly truck" he says. "Ariana Grande is the shit" I protest. "Does it look like I listen to girly songs?" He says as he changes the radio station. I frown then I change it back to the previous one. He looks at me and I blow him kisses. Then he changes again to the next station where they are talking about sports. "It lingers when we done, you'll believe God is a woman yeah yeah... God is a woman...yeah yeah...God is a woman... My one... it lingers when we done, you'll believe God is a woman" I start singing loudly just to annoy him. My voice is bad and I don't care, the whole point is to annoy him. "Alright fine! Shit I'd rather listen to Ariana Grande then your shitty voice" he yells as he changes back to the previous radio station. "Excuse You, you take that back right now Mr Anderson!" I fake gasp as I dramatically put my hand on my chest pretending to scold him. "When you look at me Fro, would you say I listen to jazz?" He asks. "Nope, never" I reply. "Yeah , I hate jazz. But right now if I had to choose between listening to jazz and listening to you sing...honey I'd buy a million jazz albums." He says as my eyes widen and I smile. The nerves this guy has. "Ohhh burn, good one Mr Anderson, first person to make me speechless, throwing shots I see." I say and he laughs. I laugh too. Then I start singing along. Then I start dancing vogue. I'm on fire. I'm entertaining Trent and he is just laughing as I gasp while I throw my hands in the air then out in front of me. Then I pretend to be Ariana Grande as I sing into my phone pretending that it's a microphone. As the song finishes I sing along then I pretend there's an audience cheering. "Thank You, thank you" I say as I pretend to have tears of joy. "Ok wow what a show Fro, I need to install a surveillance camera In your room, I'm sure your teddy bears see some lit performances" he says. "I do not have teddy bears" I say. "Every girl has teddy bears, or at least one" he says. "Well I do not" I protest.

>>>>

We get to my house and honestly I don't want this night to end. I've been having too much fun that I'm scared it won't be like this anymore. Trent might be a different person tomorrow and the day after that. But I'm glad I got to see this side of Trent. He stops the car. "Thanks for today Trent, I had a great night" I say as I smile. "No thank you Fro, I'm happy you gave me a chance." He says then we just look at each other. "Hand me your phone." He says. "Ok" I say as I unlock it. He presses it for a while then he takes a crazy selfie. "What are you doing" I ask as I laugh. "Just putting my number." He says. "Here take mine and put your numbers. My phone is so cheap compared to his. He has a red Iphone Xs max. The latest one. And mine is just a blue iPhone 6+. I take his phone then I add my numbers then take a selfie where I'm just smiling. "Here you go" I say as we both swap phones. "Well I better get going before my dad calls." I say as I hold the door handle. He opens his. I look at him confused. "Don't worry I'm just walking you to your door, for extra safety" he says and I nod. We get to my door then I turn to look at him. "Well today has been great, I guess I'll see you at school" I say and he nods and smiles. I take out my keys and I unlock the door as I hold onto the doorknob trying to open I feel his hand against my skin. I get goosebumps immediately. Why is my skin reacting to his touch? I turn then he moves closer to me then kisses my cheek. "Goodnight" he says. "Goodnight" I reply back as I open the door then close it.

I stand against the door as I hear Trent's truck leave. I hold onto my cheek then I blush. I turn to see my dad looking at me with a confused expression. "What are you smiling For?" He asks. "Nothing." I reply. "How was your date?" He asks. "It was cool. I'm gonna go to bed now it's late." I say as I go to him. "Goodnight daddy" I say as I kiss his cheek. "Night pumpkin" he says.

I decide to take a shower before bed. I get in the shower and I start thinking about my day with Trent and how we were both so free, no arguments, no annoying teenagers, just the two of us in our own world. I think about it things will be different from now on or it was just a one time thing. I touch my lips as I remember the way he kissed me. The way his tongue was so warm. The way I made him get hard and how he grabbed my ass. I turn the shower off and I dry myself as I exit my bathroom. I get dressed then I brush my teeth and I get into my sheets. I stare at the ceiling as my phone beeps and flashes, indicating that I got a text. I take my phone from my nightstand and I check to see who sent me a text. I check my phone and I notice I have a lot of text messages. I read them one by one.

Hey gorgeous, missed you at the party today? What you been up to?😍😘- Mr juicy lips

Omg Zara, where the hell are you and what are you doing chilling at home on a Friday night?- Chloe

Haven't talked to you in a long time besssfrann and I miss yo ass. Charlie wants to meet you so Skype me when you have time 😘♥️-  Ari

I decide I'm gonna reply tomorrow. I put my phone on my nightstand and it bleeps again. I check it.

You sleeping?- Trent

Nope- Zara

You should be, it's late now.- Trent

You should also be sleeping mister- Zara

I send the text as my eyes grow heavy and my phone bleeps but I fall asleep.