chapter 21: my idiotic brother

I open the door to my house, praying that my dad isn't home. I walk slowly up the stairs as I meet him by the hallway. "Where are you coming from?" He asks. "Hey daddy" I reply. "Don't hey daddy me I've been worried sick, I tried calling you." He says. "My phone battery died, I'm sorry." I reply. "Wanna explain where you're coming from and why you're wearing a hoodie that I don't even recognize. You even smell different." He says. "Chloe and I were studying at her house and I ended up falling asleep daddy and I just decided to sleepover. This is her hoodie." I say, hoping he believes me. He looks at me as I look at him. He studied me. My dad could always read me and see right through me. "You're lying." He says. "Tell me the truth" he says. "Fine we went to a party last night and I stayed over at her house." I say as I look away. That sounds more believable. "And so you didn't bother letting me know that you are going to a party. I come to my house expecting to see my little girl sitting on that damn couch watching tv but you know what I find? Nothing...nothing Zara. Do you know how terrifying that is. You didn't even leave a note or a text. I have to guess that you went out to a party. What if you were kidnapped. You can't just leave without letting me know Zara. Do you know how it would kill me if something happened to you. I can't lose you Zara. I won't make it." He says. I look at him. "Wow dad I didn't look at it like that. I'm sorry I guess I was too occupied to even remember to let you know I won't be coming. I'm sorry dad but you need to stop worrying so much. I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself." I say as I hug him and I put my head on his chest. "I love you daddy." I say. "I love you so much Zara" he says as he kisses the top of my head.

>>>>

I'm wearing black torn jean shorts and Trent's hoodie. It smells so good, just like him. I can't believe he is my boyfriend. I take my phone from my nightstand as I start scrolling through Instagram. I go on Trent's page and I stalk him. His name is Trent Anderson. How professional. He has a few posts but most of them get up to 9k likes and he has 11k followers. Damn. He looks like a total badass in his pictures. I remember that I need to ask a favour from Chloe. So I text her

Hey girl, I need a favour urgently- Zara

Sure what's up?- Chloe

I need to do something tonight and I'm gonna tell my dad I slept over at your house so please just cover up for me incase.- Zara

Not until you tell me what you up to- Chloe. I forgot she can be nosy.

C'mon Chloes- Zara

Oh well I guess I can't help you, hopefully I don't show up at your house asking where you are.- Chloe

You're such a bitch. I promise I will let you know everything on Monday- Zara

I don't trust you- Chloe

You have my word. I promise- Zara

Alright, I got your back and don't you dare double cross me- Chloe
Thank God I have that sorted out.

I decide to work on my homework and it takes me forever to finish. By the time I'm done, the sun's already down. It's time to tell my dad. I practise my speech before I make my way to my dad's room. I knock on the door as I wait for an answer. "C'mon in Zara" he says. I walk in the room to find him sitting on the bed looking at his phone. "How did you know it was me, are you secretly a magician dad?" I ask as we both laugh. "So listen dad I need to ask you something." I say. "Aha I knew you wanted something, you only laugh with me when you need a favour" he says. "That's not true" I say back. "Anyways, can I sleep over at Chloes today?" I ask as I wait for him to respond. "Again?" He asks. "Yeahh we have this really huge test we're writing on Monday and she needs me help on something" I say. Please don't see through me. "Really, what test?" He asks. "Uhmm business studies, she wants to know the uhmmm you know structure of the essay and stuff." I say. "You're a terrible liar" he says. "Dad c'mon please, don't ruin girls night" I say as I pout and I do puppy dog eyes. "That face never works on me I made that face. But you can go." He says. "Wait really, just like that?" I ask indenial. "Leave my room before I change my mind." He says as I get up quickly then I run back to kiss him on the cheek. "Thanks daddy, goodnight" I say as I exit the room

>>>>

I call an uber as I start packing a toothbrush and a facecloth and underwear as well as changing clothes which consist of blue jeans and Trent's hoodie. I take pyjamas but I only took my loose pyjamas shorts. I check out my window as I see the uber pull up. "Bye dad I'm leaving!" I yell. "Don't yell in the house!" he yells. "Sorry!" I yell back. As I make my way downstairs and I open the door carrying my backpack.

I give the uber driver the address to Trent's house and I scroll through Instagram on my phone. I'm excited to be spending the night with Trent. I wonder how we are gonna be at school. We probably gonna be the talk of the week if not the month. People have nothing better to do honestly. How am I even gonna explain this to my friends. But as long as I'm happy so far with Trent then nothing else matters. "We're here" the driver says as I give him money. "Thank you" I say as I get off the car and I make my way to the front door. I notice there's a car I don't recognise. I ring the doorbell as I wait for a few seconds then I ring again. The door opens, revealing a sexy guy wearing a pink cap and a jacket that is not zipped, revealing his abs as well as basketball shorts. I study his legs and how flawless his skin is. I look at his face to see him smirking. "Well hello there gorgeous" he says. He looks like an older version of Trent. Exactly like him. "Uhmm hey, is Trent here?" I ask. "Depends on who's asking" he says. "Dude really stop." Trent says as he pushes him away and he chuckles. "Sorry about him" he says as he holds my backpack and I follow him upstairs.

"So who is that guy?" I ask. "That idiot is my big brother Travis." He says. "He looks exactly like you." I say. "Yeah" he says. "Even the girl on your laptop looks exactly like you" I say as he looks at his phone. I guess I should drop the topic. I take his phone away from his hand and I place it on the study table. Then I lean in to kiss him. "I missed you" he says as he kisses me back. "Ofcoz you did" I say as I pull away from him. I take time studying my boyfriend, he is wearing grey sweatpants and a white muscle vest. Damn he looks delicious. I lick my lips "Are you eye raping me right now?" Trent asks. "Yes, yes I am" I reply as we both laugh. "So you wanna try some face masks and maybe paint each other's nails?" I ask. "I might like you but I'm still the bad boy, you can't change that." He says as he kisses my nose. "I have a better idea" he says "why don't we..." He says as I cut him off "no" I say. "What?" he asks "We are not playing play station right now." He laughs. "Actually I was gonna suggest we watch Fifty Shades together." He says. "Oh" I reply. "But first" he says as he pulls me closer by my waist. "Let's shower."

A/N

Y'all guessed

James Franco as Travis Anderson (Trent's brother)