Chapter 3: don't mess with me

ZARAS POV

I sat in art class and for the first time since I came to this school I was actually focusing on what the teacher was teaching, atleast I won't fail art clsss because I don't have any distractions in here.
"Damn Mrs Halls, your classes always start early" Trent says as he makes his way to his seat making the whole class burst into laughter. I guess I spoke too soon. I forgot that Trent is a bad boy , so he doesn't care about being suspended or getting detention. "What a pleasant surprise Mr Anderson, what brings you here today?" Mrs Halls asks. "uhmm it is a classroom ma'am and I'm here to learn" Trent replies with a duhhh tone. "but you never show up for art lessons , why the sudden change?" Mrs Halls asks. "Last time I checked I pay for school ,so I'll attend whenever i feel like it Mrs Halls" Trent replies sounding agitated. Mrs Halls takes that as her cue to drop the subject and continue teaching. I turn to look at Trent then I notice he is already looking at me with an unreadable expression.

TRENTS POV

I saw Zara walking into the art class and realised that I don't want to disturb the art teacher so let me also go to class , but I realised that I have the same art class at the same time , I never attended art classes so I forgot about it , I got in about 10 minutes later. "Damn Mrs Halls, your classes always start early" , I said as the whole class burst into laughter. "Mr Anderson, what brings you here today?" She asks , I'm not shocked that she seemed surprised. I always found art classes useless. "Last time I checked I payed for school, so I'll attend whenever i feel like it Mrs Hall." I was now agitated because she couldn't stop asking me stupid questions. As I find my seat , I look around for Zara , then I notice her on my right sitting in the middle of the class next to this nerd called Jason Reeves. I notice that she turns and she looks at me but this time around I don't smirk or smile I just look at her , she gives me an unreadable expression, which annoys me because I want to know what she's thinking about.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door, my best friend Ivan enters. "Uhmm Mrs Halls, the principal is looking for Trent". He says as he looks at me. But before Mrs Halls can reply I'm already making my way towards the door. "Goodbye Mrs Halls" I say then I wink at Zara who was just staring at me.

"Dude why the heck where you in the art class?" Ivan asks me with a confused expression. "uhmm because I take art as a subject", I reply with a duhhh tone. "You know what I meant" Ivan replied looking annoyed. "I'll explain during lunch , right now I need to get to the principal's office" I say. "Oh yeahh about that, the principle isn't looking for you, I just said that to get you out of the class" Ivan says as he chuckles. "Really dude , it's not funny" I walk away angrily. "You're welcome" Ivan shouts as I walk away to God knows where

ZARAS POV

The bell rings indicating lunch, and I couldn't he happier , I'm starving. I was sitting next to Justin or Jason I don't remember and my tummy was so loud that he gave me the funniest look ever. Students rush out of class again before Mrs Halls can dismiss us , what's wrong with these kids , it's like they are rushing off to a party or something or maybe there's a special meal at the cafeteria today. Lord knows.

I walk slowly to my locker as the hallway slowly becomes empty , I put away my books and head to the cafeteria , I don't know where it is but I just follow the students.

I open the doors and a smell of food hits my nose and makes my stomach ramble even more now. The cafeteria is packed , almost every seat is taken , then I look at the line "oh God , I'm going to starve to death here, how many kids are in this school a million" I say to myself but loud enough for whoever was close to me to hear.
"Woah there Fro , hungry I can see, too bad you have to wait in this long que" Trent says as he smirks at me. I roll my eyes making sure that he noticed. "Incase you haven't noticed Mr Anderson, you're not in the line, meaning that you have to stand all the way there at the back of the line." I reply with a bitchy smirk.
"Wanna bet?" Trent asks as he goes directly to the front of the line cutting in then gets a tray with napkins and 2 slices of pizza while everyone else gets 1. Then he walks up to me. "Don't you just wish you were my girl right now Fro?" he whispers in my ear then kisses my forehead and walks away. I stand there in the que feeling like an idiot , I can still feel the wetness his lips left on my forehead, I wonder what his lips would feel like on mine. Omg Zara snap out of it, he's a fuckboy , he only wants the cookie not your heart and if you don't focus you're gonna give the cookie to him easily , he's a bad bad bad .... "next" the lady behind the counter yells at me as if she has been saying next for a while now. I take a plate and she puts 1 slice of pizza on my plate. "Mash potatoes?" She asks giving me the coldest glares. "No thanks" , I reply smiling.

I take a glass of milk and think. How the hell am I supposed get full with just 1 slice of pizza. Oh god why did I have to move here. Next time I'm definitely packing lunch for myself or I'll starve to death. I look at the tables and notice that there is the "nerd" area, because most of them have their books and are quizzing each other. Then I notice the "goth" and their evil glare, then there is the "cool kids table" where I belong, that's where Trent and his 3 hot friends are sitting , not as hot as Trent though. Then there are some cheerleaders including Amber. I notice Trent looking at me while smirking then I roll my eyes and try to find a table where I can sit.

"Hey, Zara right? Come sit over here with us" Chloe says as she makes space for me. "Thanks" I smile at her. "Hi I'm Xander" he says. Xander is probably my height , he has gorgeous blue eyes his hair is dark but blonde , his jawline is very sexy and he has nice pink lips, he's very attractive. "Sup girl, I'm Maya" she says. Maya was very pretty , she had lovely dark brown skin and flawless long straight black hair , she looked like a model. "Waddup I'm Jaxon". Jaxon looked like a funny cool guy , he had curly hair , he was super hot with caramel skin and nice full pink lips. "Nice to meet you guys , I'm Zara" I reply with a smile. "So new girl , where you from?" Jaxon asks me. "Im from Michigan, moved to Cali with my dad , didn't want to but oh well , I'm only 17 ,can't make decisions for myself" I say ,realising that I've said too much and then I started chewing on my dry pizza."Damn how do you guys survive around here, the food here is crap" I say annoyingly. "Well seems like you'll be here long enough and so you'll find out soon" Xander replies as he stands up and leaves. "Did I say something wrong" I ask. "Don't mind Xander, he's not really nice , you'll get used to him though" Maya replies as she sips her milk.

We all sit silently eating our lunch , then I get up to leave and accidently bump into her. Amber. "We should really stop meeting like this", I say as I'm about to leave. "You again, you're really tryna get my attention aren't you?" She asks. "Uhmm chill it was a mistake , I didn't bump into you on purpose" I reply. "First of all do not tell me to chill , you don't know who I am and what I am capable of so I suggest you watch your mouth missy."
She says as she steps closer to me. The whole cafeteria is now watching. "Everyone might take orders from you, because maybe they are scared of you , I don't know, but don't ever think that for a second you intimidate me, I can call you whatever I want to call you , if you have a problem, maybe if a fuck falls on my hand then I'll give it to you, but right now I don't have any fucks to give" I reply as I hear a couple of laughters and ohhhhhhs. I walk away before she can say anything. Who the hell does she think she's talking to, you can bully anyone but not me , I stand up for myself when I feel I need to, I wasn't about to be embarrassed in front of the whole school on my first day.

Billy Unger as Xander Parker
China Anne McClain as Maya Fox
Jordan Fisher as Jaxon Jones

A/N

Hey guys it's me again , this is the longest chapter I've ever written so far , hope you guys liked it , what did you think about Zara standing up for herself , like, comment and vote

Lots of love
Peaches