Chapter 23: meeting Tori

TRENTS POV

I wake up the next morning to find hair on my face. I look at my beautiful girlfriend sleeping on my chest. I take my phone then I take a selfie of me and her. I take several pictures. She looks so beautiful. Her skin is glowing. I kiss her on her forehead then I try to get her off of me without waking her up. It's a mission because our legs are tangled together and she has her arm around my waist. I successfully get out of bed as I see her groan in her sleep as she changes her position.

I go downstairs as I go to the kitchen, wanting to make breakfast. I go with strawberry pancakes. Nothing too heavy. As I do the dishes. I get a phone call.

ZARAS POV

I move my arm around trying to feel where Trent is but I can't feel him. "Trent" i say as I lift my head to look around and I see nothing. I get up as I open the bathroom door. "Trent" nothing. I wear his long shirt as I make my way downstairs. I hear someone talking by the kitchen. I peek to see Trent talking on the phone. "I am your child too, remember, you can't just leave whenever things get tough I also need the love and support, no matter the circumstances." He yells into the phone. "What the fuck do you mean dad , she's a piece of me too, don't you think it hurts me just as much as it hurts you guys, but you don't see me fucking running away from my problems" he yells again. "Fuck you" he says into the phone as he hangs up and slams it on the counter. "Arggh" he groans. "T-Trent" I say. He looks up at me. "Shit" he says. "How long have you been standing there?" He asks. I've never seen him like this, he looks so angry and his eyes are red. His skin is pale and you can see the veins popping out of his forehead, his jaw is clenched. "I'm... I'm sorry I didn't mean to eavesdrop." I say. "But you did" he says. "Trent what's going on?" I ask as he starts walking up the stairs and I follow him. "Nothing" he says. "It doesn't look like nothing" I say as he opens the door to his room then makes his way to the bathroom. "Just drop it" he gives me a cold glare then he slams the bathroom door in my face. "Trent" i knock. No answer. I give up and I take my phone as I call an uber. I remove Trent's shirt as I wear my tank top and shorts. I wear my shoes as I sit on Trent's bed. The door opens and he walks out. "I ermmm, I'm gonna go home" I say. "Let me get my keys and drive..." He says as I cut him off. "Its ok my ride is almost here." I say as he nods. Wow he really wants me to leave.

I'm here to pick you up- Unknown number. That must be my uber driver.

Alright- I reply

"My driver is here so I'm just gonna leave." I say and he nods but he doesn't look at me. "I don't know why you're being like this I'm just trying to help." I say as he looks at me as if I'm disgusting him. "I didn't fucking ask for your help, I don't need your help, nothing you can do to fix any of this Zara. Dont act all holy you're just as fucked up as me. You don't even see how much I care. Im trying to fix a heart that i didn't even break" He says. "I'm your girlfriend Trent, I need you to talk to me so that I can be there for you and help where I can, I can't do that if you're keeping me in the dark." I say. "Yeah you're my girlfriend, you're doing a good job in bed, so stick to that and don't try to be my therapist." He says as my eyes widen. "Fuck You!" I say to him as I grab my backpack and I get out of his room. I bite my lips to try to stop myself from crying. I get in the car and I give him my address.

>>>>

"Hey, I'm gonna go get some ice-cream, wanna come?" Dad asks. "No thanks I'm good." I reply. "What's wrong sweetheart, you've been down since you got back" dad says. "I'm fine dad I'm just not feeling well." I reply. "Alright well I'll be back" he says. And I try my best to smile. I know I'm not a weak bitch , I'm just emotional because I'm gonna have my period soon.

It's a Sunday afternoon and I'm sitting on my bed watching Netflix. I decide that I must video call Zach. I stand up to go to my laptop then I try video calling him but he's offline. "Great" I say. I can't get Trent off my mind and it's driving me insane. I know I should see what he said as a sign to move on and play far away from him, but I can't. I'm officially dickmatised. He didn't even run after me. He pushed me to the edge and didn't chase me when I was running from him. I have nothing to do because I'm done with my homework. I wear grey sweatpants and a black tank top with my vans and I wear a black cap as I decide to go to the park for some fresh air.

I get to the park and I see there are kids playing by the swings. I sit by the bench near the pond as I start thinking. Then suddenly a nurse pushes a girl about my age next to the pond. She's a cancer patient because her skin is pale and she looks very skinny and she is bold. She has tubes in her nose. She kinda looks familiar but I'm not sure where I've seen her. "Hi" she says as she smiles at me. "Hey" I smile back. "Its peaceful here isn't it?" She asks. "Its my first time here and I think I'm gonna keep on coming here a lot, it really is peaceful." I say. "What's your name?" She asks. "Zara" I reply. "Zara, that's a beautiful name" she says. "Thank you" I reply. "Im Tori" she says. "Tori as in short for Victoria?" I ask. "No, just Tori." She says. "Oh well nice to meet you Tori" I reply. "Nice to meet you too Zara" she smiles back at me. Tori and I start talking and chatting and laughing about a lot of things. "Im sorry Tori but I need to get you back to your room now." The kind nurse says as she smiles at us. "I had a really great time Zara, please do come see me. I'm on the 4th floor room 416." She says. "I promise I will Tori" I hug her goodbye then she leaves. I take out my phone to type in the room number of my new friend.

She has a good soul.