***

Pha POV

"Stop being nervous. My mother will love you, just like I do." I gently pull Yo into a hug hoping to calm his nerves down.

My grandparents called and told me to bring Yo and the family is going to have a meal without my father. When I told Yo about it, he was initially excited until he realized that he hasn't met my mother yet. Now, he is all worried that my father's way of thinking has influenced her and that she will hate him before she even gives him a chance. I don't know what else I can do. I've tried everything, but nothing is working.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Since I have Yo in my arms, I simply call out, "Come in. Its open."

The door opens, and Beam and Forth walk in. Beam instantly takes one look at Yo and comes running to us. "What is wrong, N'Yo? Did something happen?"

Yo mumbles into my chest, "I'm meeting P'Pha's mother tonight. I'm afraid that she'll hate me just like his father."

I quickly add, "I told him that she won't, but he is worried that my father's way of thinking has already swayed her opinion of him before they actually meet. Nothing I say is calming him down. Not even reminding him that my grandparents have already approved of our relationship."

Without hesitation, Beam asks, "Do you want us to come along too? Ai'Forth and I can help support you and if need be, we will protect you from Ai'Pha's mother."

Yo slowly peaks out from my chest and hesitantly asks, "P'Beam, you would do that for me?"

Beam gently pats Yo's back. "I'm your brother. I support my brother just like you would support me if I was having problems. Right."

Yo slowly nods his head in agreement.

Ah, my baby is so cute. I wish I was recording this. I would love to see this cute face over and over again.

Forth asks, "Are we dressed fine or do we need to change?"

Before I can say anything, Beam replies, "We are fine. The important thing is that N'Yo has us there with him."

Yes, I have to agree. However, I wish I could be the one that could have given him the support. I was more than willing to do it, but my baby kept thinking that I may try to side with my mother or something silly like that. I know he is worried about my father but Yo's dad and Beam's mother have made it clear that they will put up a wall around us if they need to stop my father.

Even though I'm a little jealous that Beam can convince my baby when I couldn't, I know that Beam's relationship with Yo means a lot to Yo, so I won't say anything. But, it doesn't mean that I still can't pout.

Within minutes, Beam has Yo heading for the door as Forth announces, "I'm driving. Ai'Pha, where are you meeting your family at?"

I tell him the restaurant and we are on our way. Oh, I hope my mother doesn't do something stupid tonight. My baby may never go anywhere with me if my parents are there.

Once we get to the restaurant, we make it to the private dining area where my grandparents and my mother are at. Forth doesn't even hesitate as he walks straight up to the door and slides it open before Beam walks right in followed by Yo and me. Forth steps in before closing the door and we all head over to the table. Mr grandparents immediately converge on Yo and hug him while saying their hellos. Yo smiles and hugs them back while also trying to say his hellos.

I can't help but to silently smile to myself. Yo was so worried about my mother but he forgot just how much my grandparents care for him.

When they finally notice me, they slowly let go of Yo and then come and greet me. Then they turn their attention to Forth and Beam and my grandfather quickly says, "You're N'Yo's brother, N'Beam. Right? Oh, you're also one of my grandson's best friends. If my memory is correct, you are N'Forth, N'Beam's boyfriend."