Chapter 68

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it.  

Surprisingly, I was able to easily whip this out after I got home tonight.  So, surprisingly, I have an update in the morning.  I can't always guarantee it this week but for today I'm fortunate.

Mr. Kongthanin POV

I have been sleeping in the spare bedroom now for several weeks, and I found out that N'Pring is currently in a mental facility. I'm still no closer to getting my hospital back and getting Mr. Wijitan to donate a large sum to that hospital. What tops it off is that my father seems to be making the board very happy with whatever he is doing. I have been trying to get some information on it, but no one is talking. It is like they have now become my father's loyal employees, but they forgot that I was the one running the hospital for years.

The only information that I was able to get was that my father has some outside source helping to get the hospital back on track, whatever that means. I had it running very smoothly and everything was going along just fine until someone talked to the board. I have yet to get a positive identification on who that was, but I would lay odds on it that it has something to do with Mr. Panitchayasawad. I just can't prove it yet, but I know it is him.

All my hopes are now on this evil nasty woman executive that is supposed to help me. Well, if I can get her to believe in me, that is, which should be a piece of cake. Even though she is cold and gets straight down to business, I'm sure she has a weak spot that I can use to get her over to my side. I haven't run a hospital for these many years to not have learned anything. If I can persuade my board members to go along with my ideas, this woman should be a piece of cake. Plus, women just love my charm. Where do you think Pha gets his charm and sex appeal from?

As I look through my documents and data, I suddenly realize that I haven't eaten anything all day and I'm starving. I wonder if my wife has left anything for me in the refrigerator.

I get up and walk out of my study towards the kitchen. The house is completely quiet which is odd. My wife usually makes some noise and all the lights are off. She always leaves the kitchen light on. She must have gone out with some of her friends tonight. At least I won't hear her nagging and yelling at me for not leaving this hospital thing alone.

As I walk into the kitchen, I turn on the lights and everything is clean. I'm surprised that there is no note, but I'm sure she fixed me something to eat. I anxiously walk over to the frig and pull open the door to only be shocked. The refrigerator is almost completely bare. There are no containers of food and there is barely any other food for me to fix something. Maybe there are some ramen noodle packages in the cupboard. I lightly step over to the cupboard and I open it. Once again, I'm shocked. My wife has never let the kitchen get this low on food before. What is she even thinking?

After scanning the shelves, I spot a couple packages of ramen that look like they have seen better days, but I'm so hungry that I don't care. I quickly fix them, and I sit at the table all alone in the cold quiet house. I can't help but to wonder how long the house has been like this since I'm sure that my wife was home earlier. I'm going to have to lecture her about her responsibilities as a wife.

When I'm done, I wash my dirty dishes and put them away before I head back to my work. My whole life depends on whether I can get this cold nasty woman to come to my side and help me. Nothing is going to stop me from getting what I want.