Chapter 30

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it.  

Kit POV

This afternoon was crazy. I'm on an emotional high. Ming's parents actually want me to call them mom and dad. I would have never in a million years thought that they would ask me to do that. It is too much for me to handle. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to deny them their request, but I feel like I just took a big step forward in my quest to get Ming to acknowledge me and his true feelings for me. What am I going to do going forward? What is my next step? I feel like I've lost control on this whole situation already. I was the one to approach him first and now he seems to be in control.

Never mind, I need to get back to studying. I still have part of the chapter to read and to take notes on and it is already 9pm at night. If I don't hurry up, I will still be studying this same chapter at midnight. UGH!!! Focus!!

As I turn back to my books, I silently wish that Ming was here with me, but I know that isn't going to happen anytime soon. Oh, well. I can still dream.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Oh, Beam must need something. "Come in, its open!"

I keep studying. I can hear my door open and someone walks in and comes over to me. Without looking, I quickly ask, "Ai'Beam, what do you want? Can't you see that I'm studying?"

"I don't need anything but a place to study. Can I study here with you?"

My head immediately whips up because that wasn't Beam's voice. But, I know who it is. As our eyes lock, my breath hitches as Ming smiles at me. Oh, this isn't good. Ming is in my room. What do I do? What do I say? Oh, no! My mind just froze. I can't think of anything.

Ming chuckles at my frozen body and, I'm sure, very frighten face. "P', can I study here with you? I brought snacks." Ming quickly holds out a bag full of food and drinks with a big grin on his face.

My mind suddenly starts working again. I quickly scold, "N'Ming! You can't eat all that candy before bed. It isn't healthy for you. A few things are okay but not the whole bag and not all the time. Plus, I don't want to get fat and that is exactly what would happen to me if I ate all that food."

Ming instantly drops his hand and the bag to his side as he pouts. Oh, this is the biggest pout that I have ever seen, and my heart immediately wants to apologize for being so mean. However, I'm not going to let him think that this is good. As Ming tries to shuffle a little closer, he whimpers, and he gives me his sad puppy dog face. Oh, I think I just melted. That adorable face can get anyone to crumble in no time.

I reach out and I slowly take the bag from Ming. As I look inside, I pull a few things out and say, "Okay, we can eat this, but the rest will have to wait for another time. All right."

Ming's smile instantly returns, and he jumps over to me on the couch. As he giggles, he quickly says, "There is probably enough food in there for several more study sessions."

Ming happily leans against me and smiles. "Can I come here at night and study? I brought enough food for maybe a week of studying."

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED????

I think someone is making my dreams come true. Did Ming just ask if he can come over to my room and study at night? No. He didn't. But I think he did. This has to be a dream. There is no way Ming would have come to my room willingly and asked to study here each night. There is just no way that that would happen.