“I’m sorry,” she said, as her eyes filled with tears too, “I didn’t know he lied to all of us that way.”

                “I’m such a fool!” I wailed, “How could I be so stupid, Mel!”

                “You’re not stupid, Amy,” she said, “He’s the jerk for playing out your heart.”

                “What am I going to do now?” I asked her as my tears kept on falling.

                “Just move on from him, Amy,” she said, “You’re a strong girl. You can live without a guy like Sean.”

                “Yeah,” I said, wiping my eyes, “I can live without him. I’ve been living all these while without him, what’s forever going to be.”

                I stopped crying so that Melissa would leave me alone. I didn’t want to drag her down in my sorrow. I told her I was fine as she reluctantly left my office. I never went out of my office; just doing all my work in my office. I never saw Sean at all too – I didn’t know where did he went to, or whether Jessica was still tailing him at his office.

                After work, I went home and sat in front of the TV, not really paying attention to what was on TV. I lay on my couch, too tired to go to sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see Sean’s face, and I could imagine him laughing behind my back for what a fool I’ve been. I should have known, someone like Sean will never really fall for someone like me. I was worlds apart from Jessica. Her long hair looked like it was really taken care of, compared to my hair which I conditioned occasionally. Her face was flawless, like a Barbie doll, unlike mine which always had eye-bags, and occasional zits.

                I was wallowing in my self pity until I felt sleepy nearly midnight. As I stood up to turn off the TV, my doorbell rang. I walked slowly towards my door, wondering who it could be. Who would come finding for me this late at night? I opened the door to look into Sean’s face. What is he doing here?

                “Amy,” he said, as I almost slammed the door in his face, as he held it open, “I need to talk to you.”

                “There’s nothing left to talk,” I said, noticing my voice sounded thick and muffled from the hours of crying.

                “Yes there is,” he said as I rolled my eyes, “Please let me explain.”

                “Just leave, Sean,” I said, “I don’t want your fiancée to come looking for you.”

                “Amy,” he said, as I glared at him.

                “I don’t want to listen to anything,” I said, trying to close the door, but Sean held on tight.

                “Remember when I acted as your boyfriend for your sister’s wedding?” he asked me as I stared at him. What has that got to do with anything?, “You said you owe me a favor, and I told you I will think about it?”

                I looked at him as he continued.

                “I want to ask that favor from you now,” he said, as I rounded my eyes at him, “I need you to listen to me, and after I’m done you can do anything you want. I just want to justify myself, and you can make your decision after that.”

                I looked at him, as his eyes begged me. I am not a cruel person, so I let him in. I sat on the couch, watching him as he played with his watch, not saying a word.