how Uther dies

Uther wanted to have another chat with his son about potential marriage arrangements. Nothing was official yet, but they were looking at their options. So far Arthur hadn't been interested in anyone. Not. A. Single. One.

Liking to consider himself a fair king and father, he'd tried to prepare Arthur for it. He'd shown Arthur how to speak with a proper lady (which he had been absolutely horrid at), how to flaunt while being polite and telling him of the joy that came with marriage.

Not once during any of these had Arthur truly seemed interested.

After a little while, Uther got frustrated. Today he'd made a plan. Find Arthur and give him one of three princesses he'd chosen. He wouldn't have a choice but to choose.

All three had discussed marriage contracts and agreed to let Uther discuss it with his son. For he hadn't gone with Uther to these. Each time there was something happening in Camelot that needed attention.

Now reaching Arthur's door, he didn't even bother to knock. Uther strutted right in like he owned the place. Well he did now didn't he?

What he found shocked him. Fully and truly shocked him. Right down to the core. More than he ever had before.

He hasn't been this shocked when his wife had died or when the dragon had escaped. Through all the traitors and revenge attempts. No death, birth marriage, or anything for that fact, came close to shocking him like this did.

Arthur was on the bed naked with the servant boy. The one he'd hired all those years ago because he'd saved Arthur.

The bed springs were squeaking and the room smelled of sweat and salt. There was a deep groan from his son.

Thud.

Uther fell to the floor.

Then he died.

From a heart attack.

Because old white homophobic men are weak. They can't stand the idea of their child being gay. I mean there are the good few who accept it, but the majority doesn't. Uther is one of them. His deepest darkest fear he'd tried to ignore, had happened.

So he died.

.