I remember...

Requested from one of the earlier story ideas I posted, and felt like it was a good idea.

Arthur's head hurt like hell. His memory was rather foggy at the moment too. What had happened?

Then Arthur attempted to open his eyes. Groaning at the worsened pain in his head, he forced his eyelids apart. At first he could only see a blinding white light. After a couple of blinks, he could make out his surroundings well enough.

A king sized bed with red blankets. A rather large room. There was a table with a bowl of fruit, and on one side there was a closet.

It was his own room. For once he was in his own bed in this drowsy state that only came to Arthur if he was knocked unconscious. Sometimes he remembered how, but not this time.

Looking to his side, he realized he wasn't alone. Next to his bed on a chair, sat Merlin. Casually reading a book, he looked quite calm and comfy.

"Merlin?" Arthur asked in a raspy voice.

Jumping out of his seat in shock, Merlin hastily answered, "yes Arthur?"

Suddenly an odd memory crossed Arthur's mind. Then he began to question it completely. In the end, there was only two people in the memory. Himself, and Merlin. Due to the surrealness of the memory, he decided he'd ask the other person involved in the memory.

"I remember kissing you... why do I remember kissing you?"

A blush suddenly crossed Merlin's cheeks. "You remember that?"

Arthur stared at Merlin for a second before saying, "Well obviously I do."

While looking at the ground, Merlin asked, "do you remember what happened after that?"

"No?" Arthur squinted his eyes at Merlin, while tilting his head slightly. "What happened?"

"Nothing."

Arthur snorted. "Well obviously something did happen, otherwise you wouldn't have asked about it!"

"Asked about what?"

"Ugh! You are a pain sometimes!" Arthur shouted.

Suddenly Merlin looked guilty.

"Wait a second, is it your fault that my head feels like this?" Arthur demanded. Merlin's only response was to look down guiltily. "It was wasn't it?" Still Merlin refused to look at Arthur.

Sighing, Arthur decided not to push there, and try another way. "So how did this whole situation come to be? All I know is that I have a memory of kissing you, and my head hurts like hell."

Merlin took a deep breath, and forced himself to talk. "There was a situation where a sorcerer got into your room..."

"And?"

"They cast a spell on you, that caused you to sleep until you were kissed by the best match for you in the kingdom. You following so far?"

Arthur nodded. Then he sat up.

"Well, Uther had every female in the kingdom kiss you."

"Every... female in the... kingdom? Every single one?"

Merlin snorted. "Yes, every single female in the kingdom. Also the married females, and the old wrinkled ones." After Merlin said this, Arthur's nose crinkle in disgust.

"Lets never mention that again." Arthur demanded. "Now continue."

"Sure thing sire. Anyway, then you stayed asleep for about five days. Then Gwaine dared me to kiss you. So I did. Then you woke up. I may have sorta freaked out and knocked you out with a candlestick. Sorry about that. Gaius had to give you stiches."

"Wait does that mean...that you're the best match for me... in the entire kingdom?"

"Guess so," Merlin responded.

"Lets never speak of this entire ordeal. Ever. Agreed?"

"Agreed."

"Alright Merlin, I suspect that in these past few days you've been slacking off, so I want you to polish my boots, my armour, do my laundry, clean my room, clean out the stables..."

It was about that time that Merlin zoned out. It was also about that time that he realized he should not have agreed.

.