Chapter 30

"Vi." His voice is breathy as he finally notices me. I freeze as I hear my nickname once again. I examine him, and he looks a lot older than when I last saw him. Dark circles underline his brown eyes, his usually neat hair dishevelled, strange as he was always obsessed with his appearance.

I stay silent, watching him. My blue eyes flicker over his every feature. The air is eerily silent, no witch nor wolf interrupting this moment. Even the wind stops for us.

"You cut your hair." He finally comments.

Strange, how I had forgotten about that. It has been so long.

I was sick of it. Sick of my past, sick of being uncertain of the future. Sick of looking like the Luna that my pack had always wanted. 

My long light brown hair was the one 'girly' feature I had. It was also the only connection to my mother. But I realised then that I didn't need my appearance to see my mother.

No. I forever would share her blood.

I stood in the simplistic bathroom, holding the pair of blades. I looked at my reflection, frustrated at who I see there. She looks childish. Girly. Weak.

I made my final decision and brought the scissors up to my neck.

I finally shake my head, bringing my attention back to reality. "Yes, I did."

"Why?" His response is so soft, so quiet that I almost believe that I imagine it. I would've if I didn't hear voices in my head, chattering at how 'cute' he was. The idea of them being attracted to him disgusted me.

"It was time for a change," I say, as he finally looks me up and down.

"By that, do you mean it? Are you really one of them?" He asks, spitting out the final word as if it was venomous.

"I am, Alex. Why else would I wear the hat and cloak in which you despise?" I reply.

"Whatever, Violet. Just don't expect to be able to return."

He leaves me with those hurtful words as he turns back to the Queen, speaking to her as if our conversation had never occurred. Would I want to return, back home? My immediate response is 'Of course', and yet a part of me disagrees.

"Alexander, representative of Nightingale. I come bearing bad news." The Queen speaks formally, and I believe that she is likely repeating herself after the interruption.

"We were told as much." Alex curtly replies, his usually warm brown eyes brewing with a mixture of anger and hate, "So, hurry up. I don't have all the time in the world."

Internally, I laugh, as he had wasted his own time only a minute ago, asking me irrelevant questions. I would've expected that he would ask a 'How are you'.

"You're in danger. Rogue wolves and witches have joined up to defeat you." She warns him.

He snickers in response, and all of the women around me glare at him in disgust as he speaks, "We would be able to fight away any group of rogues. We're one of the strongest packs in the world."

"We wouldn't be here if we were uncertain." The Queen responds, unfazed by Alex's cocky attitude, "Our Celestial Witch has seen into your future and knows that your pack will fall if you do not get any outside aid."

Alex laughs, "Well, then she must be wrong. Predictions aren't always perfect, even we know that. Our Gamma warriors could easily defeat any witches or Rogue wolves. That witch's powers must just be very unreliable." I fume with every word that comes out of his mouth.

He continues, "Or maybe the girl is just stupid? Her brain's gone wonky under all those sights." He lets out a sadistic chuckle, and I snap.

"Alex. Bloody. Mainwaring." I stomp up to him, red in the face, "You do not have the right to call Mikaela names! Her powers are probably more than your small brain can even fathom!"

I stand in front of him, glaring up at his face as his cocky smirk turns to a sad smile, "You really are on of them now, aren't you, Vi?"

I begin to walk away and then look over my shoulder at him "Yes, I am. And the name is Violet. You'd do well to remember that." I join the small crowd of witches once more.

Alex is silent for a few seconds, and then speaks to the Queen, his voice emotionless, "Well, we will decline your offer, but I will speak to the pack, anyway."

Alex transforms, and I go to ask the Queen if I should copy his actions, but he almost immediately turns back.

"I saw it. So many of them are gone." His face is pale, "I need to go home, now."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, my valiant readers,

So, we have a title for the new book; Celestial Sights Thank you to everyone who suggested a name, but my irl friend came up with this one and I loved it. So, thank you to KardinMakis 

Anyway, thanks for reading! I hope you'll consider leaving a vote or comment! I especially love to read all your comments. :)

Hope to see you in the next chapter!

~EarlyDusk