Chapter 13

"You mean the Luna locket?" I ask, my face pale, "The pack's one?"

"Yes. And, as you can see Alpha believes that my father is to blame as he was supposed to be the one picking it up."

I glance at the two men, their voices still loud as they continue their feud, "Well, how is it his fault?"

"Don't ask me." Alex whispers, as he doesn't want to get involved, "It isn't me who is blaming him."

"MAYBE YOU STOLE IT!" My father roars.

"HOW WOULD THAT BENEFIT ME?" Beta screams back at him.

"MAYBE YOU ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER MY PACK." 

I stand up, and Alex gives me a worried glance, "Vi, You shouldn't ge-"

"This is honestly ridiculous," I say loudly, walking casually around the table.

"Violet, you don't know what is going on, don't get involve-" Father begins to scold, but I interrupt him.

"Can't you just use an Alpha command? He can't lie then." I state.

"Well..." Father hesitates, "I guess that's a reasonable idea? Did Alex say that?"

"No." I frown, "It was my idea."

Father doesn't reply to me, but rather turns back to Beta, "So, did you have any part in the disappearance of the locket?" His tone is deep, with a dark undertone.

"Of course I didn't." Beta replied, curtly.

"Then enough said. Wait, Violet, do you have anything to do with this?" His tone is the same, but slightly less accusatory.

"No."

"Then enough said." Father began to walk out of the room, Beta at his heels, "The both of you can have the day off." He gestures to me and Alex.

I look at Alex, slightly surprised, as usually there are always plans of some sort. I walk back to the table, look at my cup of yogurt. "Oh, I forgot a spoon."

Alex looks at me, then sighs, "How can you be so oblivious?"

"Do you really expect me to be super aware when I walk into a massive argument?"

"Nah."

I go over to a draw and take out a spoon, "So, what do you wanna do today?"

"Thought I'd revise the particle formation of transforming. You know that the subject is one Mr Harris is going to test us on and I thought it'd be good to revise."

"Why bother? It's so easy. Just like, you transform, the particles all go closer, and boom, you're a wolf."

"That's not it, Vi. You're completely forgetting the bit about it being painless as we don't physically go through anything, it's chemicals from your fangs, into your hand and it triggers a chemical reaction."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I sigh, "Don't you wanna just have some fun? It's the one day we have off."

"Yes, but we still have to sit exams like everyone back at school. So we should study."

"They only have to go to school 4 days a week. And one of those days is only for 2 hours. Do you really think you'll fall behind in one day?"

"No, but-"

"Exactly, you won't. So let's go have some fun!"

"Vi, you haven't even eaten breakfast yet. Calm down and take a moment." Alex advises.

"Maybe that's a good idea." I sit down and begin to frantically eat my yogurt.

"Geez, Vi. You're acting like you've been starved for the last 7 years."

I look up at him, yogurt surrounding my lips, "I just like my food. What's so wrong about that?"

"Nothing, but don't blame me if you fail at pack negotiations in the future because your face was covered in food."

I freeze, hearing what he said. "Do you really think I'd be doing the pack negotiations?"

He hesitates, "I didn't mean it like that... But still, Vi. Anyway, I have to go do some stuff late this afternoon, but I'm free until then."

"What are you doing?"

"Oh..." He trails off, "Just seeing some friends in town."

"Who?"

"Oh, y'know, that book club I meet up with a few times a month."

"I still can't believe that you're nerdy enough to join a book club full of people you didn't even know." I snicker at him.

"Hey, I'll have you know that they're pretty cool people. And, whatever Vi."

"Well, let me tell you, your book club friends are the few that I don't care about ever meeting."

"Whatever, Vi. Anyway, since you threw off my idea for what to do, why don't you come up with something?"

"Uhh, we could always just watch a few films. It's been ages since we did that."

"I guess that's a reasonable idea." He replied, and then stood up, leaving his bowl on the table. I wiped my mouth on my sleeve and followed him.

We walk outside, as we have to go to his house to watch a movie. I still remember the conversation about getting a television vividly.

"Daddy? Can we get a TV?"

My father chuckled, "No, Vi, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not, Alex has one." I sulked.

My mother gave me her warm smile, "But why use a television if you can go outside and play?"

"I guess so. I'm gonna go play with Alex now. Bye Mummy. Bye Daddy."

And so, we never got one. I don't particularly care, either, because I can always just go over to Alex's place. 

"What movie do you want to watch, Vi?" Alex asks, opening his front door.

"How about Annabelle?"

"The creepy doll one?" He groans, "You know I don't like horror."

"But horror movies are so exciting, they get the blood pumping."

"And they give you nightmares for weeks. Don't you remember what happened when we watched It?"

"That was years ago." I try to defend myself.

"It was 3 months."

"Shut up. You can choose the movie." I blush.

He laughs, and begins to head into his house, "Fine. There's this movie called The Full Moon, it isn't really realistic about werewolves, but I like it for the plot."

"Sounds stupid."

"It isn't. And it's what we're watching. Go home if you don't want to watch it."

"Fine, fine." I sit down on the couch, and Alex takes a DVD off the shelf. He puts it into the player and then picks up the TV remote. 

As he sits down next to me, he turns the TV on, and soon the video is playing. He puts his arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer. And for some strange reason, I don't mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, my fabulous readers!

So, what do you think of the chapter? Are any of you guys secretly terrified by horror movies?

Anyways, thank you so much for reading, and if you enjoyed the chapter please consider leaving a vote. Any feedback is also greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you in the next chapter!