Chapter 29

Looking around the room, I know that I should be letting out a sigh of relief. However, I still hold my anxious breath, as if the answer hasn't quite hit me. I am glad of the answer, and yet, I can't feel wholehearted about it.

Seeing them again, seeing him again, will be strange. Although it has only been about two months, it still feels like forever. I feel like I've been here forever, and my 17 years with my pack all happened a long time ago.

It's funny how time passes by. So fast, yet so slow.

"Well, then." The queen speaks to us all after a few moments of typing on her laptop keyboard. "We will leave just after dawn. I have already sent a message off to the Alpha. He says that they will meet with us on the boundaries."

I doubt that Father will be the one to meet with us, he never handled anything that involved leaving the pack. No, that was Beta's job. The one person I hoped to never see again.

"This meeting is now adjourned. You may all speak of what happened in this meeting, although I ask you not to discuss any confidential information over mind-link or the presence of others. This is as we hope that the Rogue witches don't know the use of the three wolven gems, although I doubt it." The Queen finishes speaking, and slides off her chair, shutting her laptop and tucking it under her arm.

Everyone else follows suit, the excited chatter buzzing through my ears and mind. Several witches preferred mind-link over talking, and I would probably be one of them if I was any good at it.

I head out of the library, one of the first to leave as the others continue discussing the events of tomorrow. The shock of seeing my pack once more has tired me out, all I want is to go to sleep.

I head up the stairs and enter one of the numerous rooms. All it holds is a desk, bed, bedside table, lamp and bookcase, but to me, it's another place that I can call 'home'. 

As I reach over to turn the lamp off, I briefly smile at the picture that rests on the bedside table. Mikaela and I, a few days after I had come to the estate. I have such an anxious, awkward smile. I still didn't know what I was doing here. I internally laugh at how uncomfortable I was here, once. How I was scared that they'd kill me.

I soon fall asleep as the sound of many minds buzz inside my head.

Most witches are late risers. As accustomed as my mind has become to this lifestyle, my body still cannot accept it completely. So, I wake up each morning with dawn, still seeing the sunrise each morning. It's less impressive with all the buildings blocking it, however.

This morning, however, it works to my benefit. I can already hear women complaining over mind-link, but I block them out.

I get dressed in a simple sweater and jeans, but then realise something.

Mikaela! I call out to the girl I see as a sister because although she is double my age, she really doesn't act like it.

Yes? I hear her reply, as I feel others block out our conversation, Wow, Violet, I can barely hear any pauses or mind breaks! I guess being a wolf has helped you link.

Hahaha, I guess so. I fidget uncomfortably, as many still avoid me for being a wolf. Mikaela doesn't hold the same prejudice. Anyway, are you coming today?

Yes, actually. They finally let me out of hospital!

That's great. Anyway, do we need to wear the uniform?

Of course. It's an ambassador mission!

I snicker at her response, Thanks. See you in a few minutes.

Bye.

The conversation fades as the both of us stop mind-linking. I sigh and take the black dress out of my wardrobe.

I take off my sweater and jeans and quickly pull the dress over my head. The knee length dress is the most revealing thing I've ever worn.

However, putting on the cloak which trails to the ground, and the pointed 'witch's' hat, I feel excited. It's my first time ever wearing the uniform except for trying it on for sizes, and it certainly makes me feel the part of 'witch'.

I head downstairs and find that most people are already there. Most of the women I usually talk to are either absent or are meeting with the Queen. There are around 15 of us in total here.

A few minutes later, the Queen scans the crowd, then announces, "We shall now leave. We have several vehicles ready, and me and my consultants in one, the rest in another."

The long black cars await outside, and I am the last to enter my own. I haven't really spoken to most of the witches who I am travelling with, but they are quite close.

The only way I could describe them would be the 'Gammas' of the witches. They're the warriors, the fighters. Including me, 10 of us sit in this car.

I spend the trip in silence, listening to gossip and excited conversation with little interest. I shudder with nerves at seeing my Father again. Will my pack all feel repulsed with me?

We reach the meeting place after about an hour and a half. It's somewhere close to Nightingale's territory, although not too close so they don't think that we're attacking.

I leave the car and find the Queen already speaking to the man surrounded by Gammas. I look up at him and he stammers as his eyes catch the gaze of my own.

Because it isn't Beta. No. It's the one person I expected to never speak to again.

Alex

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, my fabulous readers.

So, the book about Mikaela. I need a title! I've got a few such as 'Psychos and Stars', or 'Stars, Spirit and Force' or something like 'Inhuman'. But I don't really like them. I'm asking you for help! I want it to sound magic-y but also maybe involved something else, li8ke the 'Psycho' part, or Mikaela's Celestial powers!

Here is a brief summary of the story:

Mikaela Peters was never anyone special. Sure, she could always guess the winning team for the game, but all that she had going for her was intuition.

However, things begin to become strange. When she gets pushed by a girl at school, an unseen force fights back for her. Mikaela heads home troubled and wonders what had happened.

A woman arrives at her home, and her and Mikaela's father seem to be in complete understanding. Mikaela is told that she has powers. And they seem to be very strong, as no other witch's have surfaced on their own.

But there is conflict in this new world. A political dilemma after the recent death of the Queen.

The woman who brought Mikaela into this world is a contender. But there is one problem: the woman's magic. The opposition calls her a 'Psycho' as she has the power of influence, the affinity of Spirit.

Mikaela is dragged into these battles and helps with her own power to uncover the darkest of secrets. Will Mikaela be able to find her place in this conflicted world, or will she forever belong as a human in the 'normal' world?

I would love suggestions for titles, as I really keep coming up blank!

Anyway, thank you so much for reading and I dearly hope that you'll consider voting or commenting, especially for the title. I read every comment!

Hope to see you in the next chapter!

~EarlyDusk