Chapter 23

I look up at the woman sitting in front of me, still slightly in awe of her immense power. The ground below me shivers as the car continues down the road. I'm also acutely more aware of everything around me, now. However, I don't know if that is because of the magic, or sheer nerves.

The interior of the limousine is fit for a queen. Which is appropriate, considering who I sit across from. I wonder who the girl next to me really is, as although we have met before, I feel her magic so much more strongly, and why is she the one to travel with the queen?

I think back to how I saw the Queen, for the first time, only a few hours ago.

As we waited for them to arrive, we all sat silently.

I glanced at Alex, looking at him with pleading eyes. He looked away. Even he thought I was dangerous.

I knew I wouldn't get any help from him.

I was truly alone.

Then, the door flew open, and they walked in, the door shutting behind them on its own. Power filled the room, and I felt weak compared to it.

They wore the witches hats you saw in the movies, their black cloaks floating behind them, but they both had on knee length dresses. Both looked young, the older woman looking to have just hit her 20s.

But I could tell that she was much older.

The two of them sat on the table, and almost all my pack stared at them in disgust. Although, were they really my pack anymore? They decided to toss me out as if I was worthless.

"So, I guess we'll be taking her." The older one said, and the witch I met earlier just smiled.

"Don't you need more information? Don't your kind hate ours?" My father questioned.

"No. She is one of us. She has our blood. And, unlike you, we aren't purists." She smiled at him, and although she was younger, her smug tone held more authority than he could ever.

"Right..." His uncertainty was obvious. "Well... I guess we can't deal with the... problem in her... So you can take he-"

"You dare to call us a problem?" The younger witch laughed, "Have you forgotten how your kind came to be, oh so great Alpha?"

"Well, that's irrelevant."

"I'd say it's the opposite. At least now she'll be able to live her own life."

They both slipped off the table, and the older one spoke once more, gesturing to me, "Well, come along now. We don't have all day."

I took one last look at my best friend, and all I saw in his eyes was pity, as I stood up and left the room. He didn't argue. Even he seemed to hate who I was.

The witch next to me looks out the window, then takes off her hat and cloak, smiling. "Ah, I know we need to wear these, but I really hate it." She comments, and I decide not to question it. The Queen copies her actions.

I wonder why they decided to take me, maybe they have some sort of sick wolf sacrificing ceremony as if they and my kind hate each other so much surely they-

"You must be wondering why we accepted you, Violet." The Queen states and I look to her in surprise. Can she read my mind?

"Well, it's quite simple." She continues, "We didn't see you as a threat. Yet, a forest affinity is rare, and you seem to have a less wolfish nature than those back in that pack. Living in the city means that a forest affinity almost never forms and so, we are quite interested in yours."

"City, do you live in the city?"

"Well, I don't, really. I live in the outer suburbs. But yes, most of us live with the humans, as we don't exactly get hunted anymore." She laughs. "We could even arrange for you to go to school if you like."

"No thanks," I answer.

"If you say so. Well, would you like to know what your magic even does?"

I nod my head in reply.

"Well, as you likely guessed it has to do with nature. You can help plants to grow, but things such as speaking to animals, and even healing are possible. Without training, though, you'd only just be able to achieve the plant part, if at all."

The idea of it mildly interests me, as although I was betrayed by the girl sitting next to me, the magic makes me feel more alert, and more alive. I can feel the energy and almost feel it.

"You can do more than just your affinity, although not a lot from others." She smiles, "For example, I could shut that door earlier."

"What is your affinity?"

"Mine is spirit." She stays silent for a second, then her eyes light up in realisation, "Oh, you don't even know what that means. It's kind of psychological, I can delve into people's minds and I can force influence onto people."

I shiver at the idea of it, although it does make sense for the Queen to have such powers. Maybe that was how she seems to hold more power than even an Alpha command...

"Wait, so how do you guys live?" I question, as I try to change the subject. 

"Oh, we live in all of our own houses. Although, a lot of us live near each other."

"Where will I live then?" I ask, worried over the idea of having to try and learn how to do all of the housework.

"Oh, a few of us live in a larger estate. Mikaela, " she gestures to the girl next to me, and I finally learn her name. "And I live in one, and so you will be staying with us."

"Speaking of which, we are here." She replies, putting her hat back on and slipping the cloak onto her shoulders. She opens the door, and I hear many voices. Mikaela follows her out, and then it is my turn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good evening, everyone!

Soooo, we have reached Part 2! Crazy, I know. We will be continuing through for hopefully around 15-20 more chapters, give a take, so stick around for them!

So, what do you think of the Queen? And, do you think that Violet's pack acted unfairly, or that their concerns were well grounded?

Anyway, thanks for reading, and especially for sticking through my book for so long. I hope you'll consider voting or leaving a comment. I read every comment, I promise!

Hope to see you in the next chapter!

-EarlyDusk