Chapter 25: That Promise

Jungkook's POV:
-------------------------

I left misoo and went to the others.

"guys something seems off" I began.

"what's wrong kookie?" namjoon looked at me worried.

"you know misoo?"

"yeah the girl who made Y/N tr-"

"yeah" I intended to interrupt him "well she slept at Y/N's last night."

"so?"

"well in the middle of the night she heard her scream."

"she might have had a nightmare we all do kookie no big deal." yoongi scoffed

"yeah but we don't scream hyung."

"he has a point yoongi." HOBI looked at him.

"hyung" I looked at namjoon with glassy eyes "what's wrong with her?"

"i don't know kookie" he patted my back.

"I want to help her hyung." I sniffed "I want to help her the way she did."

"and we all will be able to."

I remembered the dark night she found me in my hideout crying.

How her touch, smile and voice comforted me like nothing before. She made me feel better.

A tear trickled down my cheek as the memory came into mind. I can still feel her touch, hear her voice, and see her smile. Remembering that made the edge of my lips curve upwards.

I dried my tear and chuckled when I realized that I was about to break my promise. The pinky promise me and Y/N made before she first came to work here. Even if she didn't recognize me because of my disguise. I did.

I sat down eating my chocolate bar when I saw Y/N sitting at the bench, organizing her stuff. When I saw her she seemed fine until her phone rang.

I didn't want to eavesdrop at the conversation but I am a curious bunny. I went as close as possible but not too close so that she can't see me.

"hey eye" she began. Who's eye? Then she laughed. Oh my God I should record that laugh sometime. "yeah?" she seems kinda confused. "when?" when what?? "NOW?!" she unintentionally screamed "oh my God I can't come now. I have work." come where? "yah I can't" she paused "ugh. Why didn't you tell me?" tell her what? What the hell is going on? "OK go around I'll be there in 2 hours. I can't leave work I just came." she paused again. "OK bye."

I went back to my seat and observed her. She looked confused, shocked but mostly nervous? And who's eye?

I was thinking deeply that I didn't see jin sitting beside me.

"kookie?" he sounded worried

"hmm?" I looked at him.

"what's wrong? Why were you looking at Y/N like that?"

"I was wondering." I paused. I don't want to tell him I eavesdropped. He will start a lecture about privacy. "doesn't she still seem sick? Or is it just me?"

"well..." he looked at her. "she is still pale and swaying a bit. But..." he paused and looked at me "she seems better than before."

"yeah she does." Jin patted me on the back.

"come on kookie." he stood up.

"where?"

"you have to get ready for the photo shoot. Today is our last photo shoot for our album. Come on." he walked away.

"coming." I stood up and took a last glance at Y/N who I think was taking her medicine.

I went and changed my clothes. Then my stylist noona did my makeup.

I stayed in my seat playing a game on my phone until it was my turn to take individual photos.

After the individual photos we took the group photos and changed to our regular outfits.

The whole time I was thinking about the conversation. Did someone come to see her? A friend maybe? Nah she said she is interverted. Maybe her siblings? But didn't she say they are coming in a week or 2? Yeah she did. So we scratch them. Who can it be? Ugh this is so frustrating!!

I was heading outside when I saw Y/N. She was running so fast in my direction but she wasn't paying attention. And my mind wasn't thinking straight. So as in movies we bumped into each other and fell. She looked at me and her eyes widen.

"AHH sorry jungkook oppa. I wasn't paying attention. It's just that I'm in a hurry."

"it's OK don't worry." I stood up and was about to leave when I heard her whisper scream. I looked back and found her still on the ground looking at her right leg. "are you OK?"

"yeah I'm fine." she tried to stand up but fell and she screamed again. She stood up again with all her weight on her left leg. She breathed deeply before taking another step. She was about to fall again but I grabbed her hand and placed it around my neck.
"oww" she complained.

"stop saying your fine when you actually aren't."

"OK" she seemed like she was going to cry.

"climb on my back."

"no" she shot out "no no no" she kept repeating "I'll find my way home."

"Y/N you are ill and you injured your leg. I can't let you go alone."

"and I can't let you come what if people saw you."

"I'll wear my disgiuse."

"no offense but your 'disgiuse' isn't that good."

"I'm going to take you home don't argue. Plus you said you were in a hurry so let's go."

"I am not getting on your back."

"fine."

"I'll hop on one leg while you support me. Is that OK with you?"

"yeah it's OK."

"OK first your 'disguise'"

She sat on the floor and took out a dust mask and a hat from her bag and gave it to me.

"here take this."

"thanks..." I was wearing them but I was confused about something so I asked her "was that bag with you this whole time?"

"yes" she laughed "you didn't notice it?"

"nope" she laughed some more. Man I lost my chance to record this again. *sigh*

"let's go then." she said as I helped her stand up again.

We went to her house and we found two people in front of the door with bags.

"Y/N" the boy noticed her first and came running to her. She removed her hand from over my shoulder and opened her arms for him. He hugged her and held her up.

"Daniel put me down." she laughed and he did gently. Wait Daniel?

"I miss you so much." he pulled a strand of her hair behind her back. She was still standing on her left leg but he didn't seem to notice.

"I miss you t-" she was interrupted by the girl.

"YAH Y/N WHAT ABOUT ME!!"

"EYE!!!" so she's eye. Y/N couldn't run to her and that is when they both noticed her leg.

"Y/N" they both said.

"What happened?" her sister asked disappointed but not surprised.

"well the thing is *cough* uhh." is she trying to cover up for me?

"we bumbed into each other when she was coming here."

A/N:
*****

OMG I got so taken away with the story that I didn't notice how long this chapter was. Sorry. I hope you enjoyed.