Chpt 35

Chapter 35: Tyrone

“Let me go Tyrone! Let me the fuck go!” I grabbed Lizbeth’s arm and practically dragged her upstairs to one of Nasir’s guest rooms. I locked the door and looked at her; she was sitting on the bed pouting and heaving. “We need to talk about us.” I said, “I miss you.”

Lizbeth didn’t say anything; she just stared at the floor. “I miss you being at the house, and I miss Cameron Lizzie. I want yall to come back.” Again, she didn’t say anything. “Are you gonna say something?” I screamed. “What the fuck you want me to say Tyrone! You call this shit an apology? Fuck you and your apology. I told you I was done with you.”

“I told you I was sorry! I can change!”

“No, you can’t! You will never love me like you love the streets. You rather be out there than at home with me and Cameron. I knew I should’ve listened to my mother!”

“What the fuck that’s suppose to mean?”

“That means I would not be in this situation right now. I would be married with a husband that has a real job and I would have a stable living environment for my child.”

“Our child! Cameron is my son, too.”

“Oh really? Because if I do recall you didn’t want him in the first place.”

“I was scared Liz. What do you expect? Before I met you, I wasn’t thinking a damn baby or getting married. But then you came along and changed my whole perspective about life. I want us to get married Lizzie. I want us to be a family. I don’t want Cameron growing up having to go to different houses every time he wants to see his parents. Fuck yo damn mama. You wanted to be with him, so now you’re stuck with me.” Lizzie wiped her face and looked away from me. “You’re saying all of this but-”

“I mean it baby. I’m serious.” I grabbed her softly by the waist and turned her around. She had her head down still sniffing. I lifted her chin up and stared at her gorgeous blue-green eyes that were red from crying. I kissed her tears away. “I hate seeing you like this.” I said. “You’re the one that always making me like this. I feel so weak every time you stare at me.”

“That’s because you love me. You know you don’t wanna let me go.”

“Please Ty. Please, don’t make me regret this.”

“I won’t baby I promise. I love you.”