Chpt 10

Chapter 10: King

I checked the time on my watch. Midnight. Rayne and I sat outside of a local club in Trenton. We were waiting for Ace and Echo to come out of the club. According to Rayne, after she fucked Echo again, they were meeting up at this club with a couple of Ace's boys. He asked Rayne to come and of course she said yeah. She was dressed in a tight cheetah dress with black lace on both sides and red heels. Her hair was straightened. I had to look away from her to control my hormones. I haven't fucked in a year; I was miserable. I rubbed my hand through my dreads as Nasir and Keymani came across my mind. Seeing them at the graveyard site last year was heartbreaking. They were so close yet so far. I miss my little girl so much. The only thing that's keeping me sane is the thought of Keymani. I'm doing this for her. I don't want my baby girl to grow up having to watch her back every day. My life would be whole again if I had them back. I had my dreads pulled back in a ponytail and I was rocking my obey sweatshirt, black tru religion jeans, and my Tims. I was ready to get this shit over with. "What's on your mind?"

"Huh?"

"You're quiet. What's on your mind?"

"Nasir." Rayne was quiet for a moment. "Oh."

"Look Rayne-"

"No. You don't have to explain anything to me King. I know my place. It's whatever." Rayne grabbed her red clutch, "Are you ready?"

I sighed heavily, "Yeah let's do this."

We walked into the club together side-by-side and then went our separate ways. The music was bumping and the bodies were shaking. Everything was just out of control. I ordered some beer from the bar and went to sit at a booth that had a clear vision of Rayne who was on the other side of the club. I watched as she went into the VIP section and sat on Echo's lap; my body immediately tensed up. That should be my lap. I shook the thought out my head and continued to stare. On the side of Echo was the infamous bitch ass nigga known as Ace. His dreads have gotten a lot longer. I noticed the disfigurement of his hand. I smiled; compliments of the twins. A pair of hands on my shoulders interrupted my stakeout. "You look so lonely over here by yourself." Someone purred in my ear. I turned around and this bad ass female was sitting on the side of me. She was gorgeous; a beautiful caramel color with a black short bob. Her eyes were a piercing deep brown and that body was just calling my name. That ass was like, "Squeeze me King!" She was dressed in a black short pencil shirt with white crop top and pink heels. "Are you going to keep looking at me or are you gonna tell me your name?" She asked. "King." I whispered in her ear. "Rochelle."