Chpt 21

Chapter 21: Rayne

“Do I really have to do this?”

“Bitch, if you don’t get your ass in that house, Ima cut you!”

Myra and I sat inside of my car in front of Nasir’s house. Ugh, I don’t wanna do this. The only reason why I’m doing this is because King is threatening me with my life. I can’t stand being in the presence of this bitch knowing that she’s the one that took King away from me. Why does it have to be me to do this? King couldn’t find anybody else to mess with? “It’s now or never.” Myra said. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. The summer breeze hit me in the face. I swiped my hair behind my ear and walked toward the front door with Myra by my side. I knocked on the door and a few seconds later, a little girl answered it. I’m assuming its Keymani; I really didn’t get a chance to meet her at the BBQ. “Auntie Myra!” Keymani hugged Myra. “Hey my baby. Where ya mama at?” She asked. “I’ll go get her; come on.” Keymani pulled Myra inside of the house and I followed behind. “Mama! Auntie Myra and her pretty friend are here.” Keymani said. I smiled at her compliment. “Hold on!” Nasir came from out of the kitchen with an apron on. “Myra, why didn’t you tell me you were coming?” Nasir hugged Myra and looked at me, “And with her?” She forced a fake smile on her face. I wish I can claw her eyes out right now. “Well, Rayne wanted to sincerely apologize for the other day.” Myra said and looked at me. I sucked my teeth and smiled. “Of course. That’s exactly why we’re here. I came on a little strong and I’m sorry if I offended you in anyway. It wasn’t my intention.” If I wanted this bitch to trust me, I had to pretend to be sincere. This shit was making me sick to my stomach. “It’s fine. All is forgiven. A friend of Myra’s is a friend of mine.” Nasir said. I scrunched my face a little. Bitch, I don’t wanna be your friend. I thought in my head, but I held my tongue. “Well, would you ladies care for some wine?” Nasir said, “I just got a new bottle.”

“Hell yeah-”

“Actually, we have to get going.”

“No the hell we don’t!”

I gave Myra the look. “It was nice meeting you again Nasir; hopefully we’ll be in touch.” I grabbed Myra’s hand and practically dragged her to the car. “You’re such a fucking drunk. Get in the car.”

“Why do we have to leave? Last time I checked, we didn’t make any plans.”

“I didn’t want to overstay my welcome.”

“But she offered!”

“Look, I’m going home! I’m tired and exhausted.” Even though I was tired, I didn’t want to go home. King was definitely overstaying his welcome. I wish he would just tell Nasir he’s alive now, so he can leave me alone. After dropping Myra off, I drove back home. King was sitting in the living room watching tv when I got home. He had on basketball shorts; nothing else. I was too tired to even admire the beauty his bare chest had. I dragged myself to the bedroom and collapsed on my bed. A few minutes later King came in. “How did it go?”

“Leave me alone.” I mumbled against the sheets; I was too tired to talk. Sleep was calling my name. “I will as soon as you tell me what I want to know.” I rolled my eyes and looked at King. “If you’re asking me if I got good with your baby mama, I did. Now go away, I’m tired.”

“That’s all I wanted to know.” King walked out of my room and closed the door. Why can’t that man love me like he loves her?