Chpt 7

Chapter 7: King

“Well?”

“Well, what?”

“Don’t play with me girl.” Rayne sat in the bed beside me as she rolled my blunt up. She lit it for me and took the first puff. “I’m not playing with you. Not yet.” She smiled as the smoke escaped from her nose. I rolled my eyes ignoring her comment and grabbed the blunt from between her lips. “He told me some things.” Rayne said eventually. “Like?” I let the smoke invade my lungs and then exhaled. “Stuff I think you’re interested in.” Rayne was beating around the bush. “Stop fucking playing with me and just tell me girl before I beat your ass.” I was letting the weed talk. “Do you know somebody named Ace?” She asked. I passed her the blunt, “What about him?”

“He’s the one with the hit out on you.”

I raised my eyebrow at the newfound information. Bitch ass Ace. I chuckled. “Who would’ve thought?” I mumbled. “Apparently Echo is Ace’s new bodyguard. He and Ace came to Trenton a few days ago for a new drug supply. He’s been looking for you, too. He knows you’re here. He knows you’re not dead.” Rayne blew out O’s of smoke. “Do you know where he’s staying at?” I asked. “Here on the seventeenth floor.” She passed the blunt back to me. “Damn, you got all of this just from fucking somebody?” I had to give her props; she knows how to persuade people. “Hey, what can I say? I just give good head. But of course, you would never know.” Rayne just up from the bed and started to undress. “What are you doing?” I said unable to take my eyes off her flawless body. Her body was nice, smooth, and toned. It takes a lot to not fuck her, but I will never give her the satisfaction. She thinks I want her bad; I do, but I won’t let her know it. “I’m undressing.” Rayne said seductively. “Put your clothes back on Rayne.” I said finishing off my blunt. “I’m going to take a shower. Do you want to join me?” Rayne said. The offer was tempting and I almost got up, but Nasir and Keymani popped in my head. “Nah, go ahead.” I got up from the bed and put my Grape 5’s on, “I’m going to go take a walk.” I tucked my 9mm in my waistband just in case. Rayne stormed in the bathroom in frustration. She should’ve known I wasn’t gonna give in; it’s gonna take much more than that.