Chpt 23

Chapter 23: Trent

Damn, Nasir looked better than ever. I noticed how thick she’s gotten, too; it must’ve been the baby weight. She looked good enough to eat. I licked my lips. Control yourself Trent. Nasir stared at me with a blank expression. It’s like she didn’t know what to say. “I thought-” She began to speak but stopped. “You thought I was dead?” I asked. She nodded her head. “I saw Aero shoot you. He shot you five times. How did you-” She got quiet again. “Can I come in?” I asked with pleading eyes. She shook her head yeah and I stepped over the spilled salad. “Do you need help cleaning that up?”

“No, I got it.” Nasir’s hands were shaking as she was picking up the pieces of lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I bent down and grabbed her hands. “Are you okay?” I asked. She immediately jerked away from me. “Honesty? No, I’m not! Trent, I-I” She was at a loss for words, “I thought you died.” I pulled Nasir into a hug. “I’m not. I’m right here in the flesh baby.” I kissed her forehead. This felt oh so right, like she was suppose to be in my arms all along. “I came back for you.” Nasir looked at me; her eyes were watery. “What are you talking about?” She pushed away from me to finish picking up the salad. “When I woke up from my coma-”

“You were in a coma? For how long?”

“A few years. Look, that’s not the point. The point is when I woke up; all I could think was you. I want to be with you Nasir.”

Nasir walked to the kitchen and tossed the salad in the trash. “I can’t do this Trent. I-I’m with King.” She walked away from me, but I grabbed her by the waist. “I know that King is dead Nasir. And I know he died three years ago. Let me ask you something; when was the last time someone held you like this?” I wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed her back against my chest. “Let me go Trent.”

“When was last time someone kissed you?” I brushed her hair to the side and kissed her neck softly. Nasir’s body stiffened. “I know you miss him. But if you let me, I can fill the void you have in your heart.”

“Trent please-”

“Mama! We’re ready to eat!” Nasir wiggled out of my grasp just as two girls came into the kitchen. “Who’s that?” The younger looking one asked. I thought she only had one child. “Mani, this is Mr. Trent; he’s a good friend of mines. Trent, this is Keymani, my daughter. And this is Yani, Terrence’s daughter. I don’t know if you know him-”

“I know him. It’s nice to meet you two. You both are just beautiful.”

“Thank you.” Yani and Keymani said in unison. “Here are your pizzas. Go eat in the living room. Don’t spill anything.” Nasir said. Yani and Keymani disappeared out of the kitchen. “I’m still waiting for my answer.” I said. “Trent, it’s been so long since I last saw you. Plus, I’m still recovering from King’s death.”

“Then get to know me again. We can start over as friends.”

Nasir smiled, “Okay.”

I kissed her on the cheek, “How does dinner sound? Friday night? Around 8?”

“Sounds like a plan.”