Chpt 18

Chapter 18: King

"The only reason why I'm not killing you is because I still need you. You fuck me over again, and I won't show any mercy."

"What makes you think I want to help you? You practically raped me last time we were together."

"Bitch, that's fucking bullshit. You been asking for it since we got together and now you wanna claim rape? Get the fuck."

Rayne rolled her eyes at me and shifted in her chair. "So what the fuck you want with me now?" We were sitting in her apartment complex. She better be lucky I spared her life. I was so close to snapping her neck last night. But after seeing her at Nasir's house the other day, it gave me an idea. "I want you to keep a close eye on Nasir."

"Now that's some fucking bullshit you spitting. What makes you think I want to spend time with your bitch? You must smoking on too much perp."

"It's this or your life. Pick."

"Are you serious right now?"

"Dead ass." Rayne didn't say anything at first. Obviously she didn't want to do it. But it's not like she have a choice. "What do I have to do?" She eventually said. "First, you can get that nasty ass attitude out your system. Second, you need to get in good with her. I need to know if she's seeing anybody. I wanna know if she moved on."

"What if she did?"

"I'll handle that part. Just get me the information."

"That bitch-"

"Watch your mouth." Rayne exhaled frustrated that I just corrected her, "You girlfriend doesn't even like me. Apparently I came on a little too strong when I first met her."

"Fix it."

"What part of 'she doesn't like me' don't you understand?"

"You either fix this or Ima be fixing the flowers at your gravesite. I'm not gonna ask you anymore Rayne. I hate repeating myself." Rayne got up and walked to the kitchen. "Where do you plan on staying while I'm playing best friend to your baby mama?"

"Here."

"Fuck no."

"I wasn't asking."

"I don't want you here."

"Too bad." I know what I was doing to Rayne is wrong, but I need to know about Nasir. I mean, it has been three years. I don't want to pop up and she's with somebody else. I just want her and my baby back.