Chpt 22

Chapter 22: Nasir

Bullshit. That's the only thing that came to mind when I think about little Miss Rayne. She may think she has people fooled, but she can't fool me. That bitch is up to something and I will find out. It's obvious that she was involved with King in some type of way. By the way she was looking at me tells me that she had a past with him. But the thing about it is I don't remember her. And I know King never cheated on me. So if she did have a past with him, when? These questions were going through my head as I cooked lunch. Terrence was bringing Yani over today to chill out with me and Keymani. Of course I didn't have a problem with it. I love Yani as if she's my own. I know she needed some type of motherly figure since her own mother passed away some years ago. I wonder if Yani even remember her; she was only three when she died. "Keymani! Lunch is almost ready!" I yelled out. She wanted homemade pizza for lunch which I thought was such a hassle. Why have homemade pizza when I can just order Papa John's? She didn't want that so I just whipped up a few small pepperoni pizzas and a garden salad on the side. While I was cutting the cucumbers for the salad, the doorbell rung. "I got it!" Keymani ran downstairs and opened the door. "Yani!" She screamed. "What about me?" I heard Terrence say. "Oh hey Uncle Terry." She said nonchalant, "Let's go to my room Yani. Mama bought me new toys." Keymani and Yani went upstairs and Terrence strolled on through the kitchen. "Something smells good in here." He said kissing me on the cheek, "I didn't know you could throw down in the kitchen."

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me." I teased. I tossed the cucumbers in with the bowl of lettuce. "So the BBQ was interesting." Terrence said. I rolled my eyes. "You aint lying." I started to cut up tomatoes. "How do you feel about Rayne?"

"Are you really asking me that?"

"Come on Nasir. I'm being serious; I want your honest opinion about her."

"Okay. Truth moment?"

"Truth moment."

"I think she had something with King."

"Why do you say that?"

"You saw how she was hammering me with questions about him! Come on, it's obvious. She's just a jealous bitch who couldn't let go of his dick. Point blank, period." I tossed the tomatoes in the salad bowl. "Nah, I don't think so." Terrence said grabbing a piece of cucumber, "Maybe she was just curious."

"Curious? No bitch can be that curious. Besides, you're only saying that because you like her. If you want to be with her, I won't stop you."

"I know yo ass aint gon stop me. I wasn't asking for your blessing."

"Don't get smart! Watch I cut your ass! And another thing about your girlfriend! She came to my house not too long ago with some bogus ass apology. That bitch aint got me fooled not one bit."

"You think everybody have it out for you. Paranoid ass."

"Look, just be careful. I know you haven't been with anyone since Angela passed. I just want you to make the right decision."

"Thank you, but I think I did. I'm bout to head on out of here. I'll see you later. Give Yani some kisses for me." Terrence walked out of the house. I sighed heavily; I really hope he knows what he's doing. He's such a good person; he's been through too much to get his heart broken. I grabbed the salad bowl and started to mix and toss it. The doorbell rung again. Did he forget something? I walked over to the door surprised that Keymani didn't beat me there. I opened the door with my free hand. "Terrence, did you forget-" My eyes widened and the salad bowl slipped out of my hands. This is definitely not Terrence standing before me. I stared at him like I was staring at a ghost. This is beyond real. "What's wrong ma? You missed me that much?" He smiled showing his white teeth. "T-Trent?"

If you don't remember Trent, then you need to read the first book again. Trent was the guy that tried to help Nasir out when she was kidnapped by Aero. He's also the unknown guy. (: